Pole dancing anyone?

Options
Im thinking of starting pole dancing as it seems like an awesome workout, has anyone done this before and seen results? im not too bothered about burning calories, i would much prefer to tone up. Would anyone care to share their experiences with the pole? :wink:

Replies

• kkyishkkii
    Options
    sorry,

I've only ever watched :laugh:
  • AnnaleisJ
    AnnaleisJ Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have never done it myself but my friend used to work for someone who was trying to set up a pole dancing for fitness business and is was basically workout classes with a pole. It was supposed to help you get super toned and it's something a little bit different I guess. I think it would definitely be worth a try! :o)
  • vero_1
    vero_1 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I did it for a while and really enjoyed the workout. Found however that depending on your instructor you can either get a really good workout or not so much of a burn and I would recommend that you try different instructors to see how they approach the class :)
    Over time you will definitely become stronger and toned and get a chance to play and feel sexy while doing it!
  • Phoenyxtears
    Options
    I have always wanted to!! It always has seemed interesting to me!!!
  • Pip_K_W
    Pip_K_W Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have never done it either as it's expensive and you have to get someone to come to your house over here.
    I know someone who did it for a year or so and lost about 50lbs!!
  • loupammac
    loupammac Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    There's a studio in my city but there's a really expensive safety course you have to do first. :frown: Otherwise I'd look into it.
  • drblythe
    drblythe Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I have a voucher for 5 free lessons so I'll be finding out this month, Looking forward to it!
  • jgoff3003
    jgoff3003 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have done it, I found it was more strength than cardio vascular, it depends how much dancing u do, i found my core, flexibility and upper body strength improves heaps I would suggest pairing it with a salsa class or something
  • jesshall281
    Options
    I have a voucher for 5 free lessons so I'll be finding out this month, Looking forward to it!

lucky you!!