Water

Options
I hate drinking plain water but know its essential for my goals, However i do love the volvic touch of strawberry fat free water. Is that as good as water i know it has a few calories but surely its better than none at all? Any thoughts of water intake. As i drink way too much coffee(splash of semi skimmed milk and 2 sweetners) and need to stop!

Replies

• MrsHugs
    Options
    I notice I dont drink it well from a bottle. I actually bought one of the camelback water bottles and my water in take is through the roof! I carry it every where I go and I have a desk job so I sit it right in front of me, it is so easy to flip, sip and go.
  • AngelUK1985
    AngelUK1985 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    i drink that exact same water :) i dont see a problem with drinking that instead of plain water its still water
  • poptastic
    poptastic Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I've tried to cut down on artificially sweetened things as I think they're not good for you, and I found it wasn't helping with my weight loss. Instead I put a slice of lemon or lime in a glass of water (you can also do this with hot water in the morning which is meant to be good for you, and I think it's lovely!) - it takes away any mineral tastes from the water and is nice and refreshing.
  • clahut
    clahut Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I know that in some areas tap water isn't all that nice, so I bought a water filter and keep it filled in the fridge. It tastes much nicer and is always nice and cool.

A slice of lemon, lime or cucumber in it makes it very refreshing.

C
  • kyacky1
    Options
    What a great idea! Thanks for the tip
  • trixytrix56
    Options
    It might be 'Fat Free' (as all squashes, pop, non-milk based drinks are) but it might not be sugar or Sweetener free. Both should be avoided really - Sweeteners will only increase your craving for sweetened foods and drinks in the long run.
  • kyacky1
    Options
    As to the coffee(plus) sounds as though you already know what you need to do. Do you like brewed iced tea?
    that can sometimes help.. or perhaps start your day with an 8oz glass, thats one down then sip the rest all day long.
    I actually keep a glass on my night stand I wake up alot at night & take a swallow or 2 throughout the night.
    I also prefer it ice cold. Just try to ease it in.
    Hope something here might help you. Good luck.
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I think any fluid intake is better than nothing, but the lower the caffeine the better. I also believe artificial sweetners are dreadful so I so try to avoid them. According to a TV programme last night; sweeteners can actually make you crave more food. This is because your body is expecting calories but gets none when you have a drink with sweeteners,so the body then makes you crave some.
  • Terri73
    Terri73 Posts: 238
    Options
    Thanks for the replies.
    I will try water and hopefully get used to it in time. My coffee intake is a major thing i drink tons through the day. Saying that when its warm and sunny i do tend to cut it down and switch to water all be it flavoured.

I also exercise better in the warmer weather last year i lost a stone during the summer months but as soon as the autumn wet weather set in i reverted to my old ways. Not this year im starting earlier than last and will stick to it for more than the summer. Hoping with support on here exercise and good eating will just be part of normal life!