Military Wives

Options
Just want to know if there are any military wives on here. I'm a PROUD WIFE of a SOLDIER. He is the BEST MAN i know! He is also currently deployed, The loneliness can sometimes cause me to overeat. Plz if you have any tips I'd really like to hear them.

Replies

• HunnyLuvsJorge
    HunnyLuvsJorge Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    *raises hands* I am deeply in love with a SSGT in the US ARMY Reserves. He was on active duty for over 15 years, but he had to get out due to bad knees. :( My deployment days are over, but I still remember how much of a challenge they were. The things that got me by was writing letters and journaling. At the end of the deployment, I would give him my journal. He really liked those and has kept them. The kids were younger then, so I would tape record them reading a book. They have those recordable books at Hallmark now which I think is AWESOME! I also LOVED putting together care packages. I'd send his requests (cigs and snacks), but I'd throw in fun things like Mad Libs, crossword puzzles, or other mini games. It made going to the store fun instead of something I dreaded cuz I was doing it alone.

Most of all, lean on your family and friends. A lot of my friends would focus on losing weight before their hubbys came home. That can be a GREAT motivator for you. Just think of how much more he'll wanna rip those clothes off when he comes back to a new you! ;) Hope your soldier comes home soon and safe. Please let him know we're always praying for him and thank him for his service. Thanks to you too cuz being an Army Wife is a tough job.

Friend me if you like and we can exchange stories. :)
  • mayday2169
    Options
    I'm not a military wife but a military member USAF been deployed 8 times since 9-11 and I will tell you if it wasn't for my wife I would not have made it. So my hat is off for all military spouses!!! without you loving wifes/husbands us military folks would not have somethng to fight for!!!!
    Oh the most amazing package my wife sent was; She went to the 1$ store and bought a bunch of cheap kids toys and man did all my buds and I have fun running around the tent like a bunch of 2 year olds!!!!!! Fellow soidiers from 3 tents down came over to see what all the laughter was. So even the littlest thing means the world to us while we are half way around the world.

Just remeber Nacho lean on your family/ friends and he will soon be home! I garuntee he is counting the days! Lord knows I was!!!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I'm a navy wife. My husband has been enlisted for 18 yrs. Its been a bit easy for me because I met him in my hometown and I've never had to relocate. I've never really had to lean on the military lifestyle because of it. I do however just put all my energy into my kids and my health. Both of those keep me pretty busy. After being deployed for nearly 4 years he will be stationed by with us this summer. I can't wait to have him back home full-time :love:
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    I am an ex-Marine. If there is such a thing as an "EX" Marine. I have tremendous respect and admiration for the Military Wife. We tend to focus on the soldier and forget that it is the wife that is holding down the fort. She is the one raising the children. Alone. She is the one keeping the household affairs current. Many times holding down a job. Always struggling with the military bureaucracy. Always struggling to assure others that Daddy/Brother/Friend is coming home unscathed, while always living with the uncertainty that he may not.

There are many heroic jobs in this world. Soldier, Policeman, Fireman, etc. In every situation, the men and women who take on these postions, volunteered with an expectation of what their job will demand of them.

The most heroic, to me, is the military wife. Many times this job has been thrust on them. Many times they did not volunteer for the job that they come to know. They volunteered to support another person. And more often than not, they do not have the support system for themselves that they are providing for others.

I have many military wives on here that are my friends. They have my total respect and admiration.