just 1 pound

Options
My weigh in was to be this morning so I cheated and weighed last night before going to bed. It showed i had lost 1 1/2 lbs. When I got up this morning and weighed first thing. I had only lost a lb. I had always thought you weighed less in the morning. I know it's only 1/2 lb. but you know how it is ,every little bit makes you feel better.

Replies

• kirstindr
    Options
    I don't know why, but I've had that happen to me a few times as well.
  • mlemonroe2
    Options
    drink a ton of water and weigh yourself again!
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you have to step on the scale a few times to get the correct reading. You may not have really been down by 1 1/2 last night.
  • Shan605
    Options
    Your body probably retained some water overnight. I always drink a large cold glass of water before bed, its helps flush your system out overnight :)
  • seniorfaye
    seniorfaye Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'll drink a lot of water and try that. I'm going to measure after while and see if any results there. It's been 2 or more wks since I did the measurements and I've been exercising quite a bit...Thanks .
  • fitgirl4life
    fitgirl4life Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Scales are not the most scientific, exact instruments of measurements. I can step on and off the scale three times in a row and it will say something different each time! You have to allow +/- 0.5 lbs (at the minimum) in error.