Breakfast change this morning

Options
yesterday I posted about being hungry after eating a boiled egg for breakfast....so in response to everyones replies to this about eating more...here is what I have done this morning....feedback appreciated!!

1 boiled egg
1 packed of apple/grape - 40 calories - this had about 4 grapes and 4 apple slices
peanut butter on the apple slices - maybe 1 tbsp worth
1/2 glass of skim fat free milk.

I feel this is better, with still being low calorie...we will see if i stay a bit fuller through out the morning...

What do ya'll think?

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Have you considered eating egg beaters? You can have a lot of that stuff for very little calories--it would hang with your for a while because of the volume you can have. Otherwise, your menu for bfast looks gorgeous!!!!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat with everyone telling me to eat more. I just lost 15 lbs on the HCG diet, but I really want to be healthy, not just skinny, so I joined this site and I'm having trouble adjusting to eating 1200 cals per day after eating much fewer for a month or so. Your breakfast sounds awesome to me, good luck!
  • cmo115
    cmo115 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    bump

I need tips on breakfast too
  • boobee32
    boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    no, but i will...next trip to the grocery store, i will get some.....thanks for the feedback
  • boobee32
    Options
    no, but i will...next trip to the grocery store, i will get some.....thanks for the feedback
  • Katybun3
    Katybun3 Posts: 172
    Options
    Your breakfast sounds lovely and healthy. Good for you :0)
  • Katybun3
    Katybun3 Posts: 172
    Options
    Your breakfast sounds lovely and healthy. Good for you :0)
  • juleslianne
    Options
    Hey :)

I'm not sure how many calories your looking to gve to your breakfast, but for about 320 calories you can have:
    1 egg scrabled (1 teaspoon oil, 1/8 cup milk)
    1 piece of whole wheat toast
    1 piece of fruit (orange or berries, not a banana)
    and 1 cup of coffee w/ 2 tbsp of creamer

This breakfast keeps me full for a LONG time :). Your breakfast looks good though! And if you are waiting until lunch to eat again, you might want to implement a mid-morning snack in there somewhere to keep you from going crazy. Hope this helps! Good luck!
  • Franticantics
    Options
    Try spreading your boiled egg on a small slice of pumpernickle or rye bread (i have a 30calorie serving) It's super slow release carb and still low calorie, then add in a bit of fruit. Perfect ;)
  • londoneye
    londoneye Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Better! But it is still extremely low calorie.

My breakfasts are always at least 300 cals. And when I say breakfasts, I mean I have 2 a DAY! Yup, that's over 600 cals before lunch (I'm on 1350 cals per day, before exercise). This means I'm full of energy and satisfied during the part of the day when I'm most active! I feel great and I've been doing this for about 6 months. Here is today as an example:

1st Breakfast
    Milk - Nonfat (fat free or skim), 1 cup 86
    Cereals - Oats, regular and quick and instant, not fortified, dry (oatmeal, rolled oats), 0.67 cup 207
    Honey, 0.5 tbsp - 21
    Nuts - Almond butter, plain, without salt added, 0.5 tbsp - 51

TOTAL 376

2nd Breakfast
    Bananas - Raw, 1 medium (7" to 7-7/8" long) 105
    Peanut butter - Smooth style, with salt, 1 tbsp 94
    Dannon - Greek Yogurt - Plain , 1 Container 80
    Honey, 0.33 tbsp 21

TOTAL 300
  • netty1983
    netty1983 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    If you like mushrooms they are great like 100g for only 22kcal, also i like quorn sausages even thou im not veggie only 50kcals per sausage. Keeps me more full than my wholemeal toast and its less calories!!
    Good luck
  • boobee32
    Options
    I will have a mid morning yogart around 10 oclock, so that will add some more food/calories to my morning. I am starting to get a little hungry..but not nearly as bad as yesterday..lol..