help! Need low cal dinner ideas!!

Options
dawnemjh
dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
I am going to be over in calories today due to no exercise (day of rest). ANyone have and ideas for a low cal dinner???? Thanks!!

Replies

• bebbjeb
    bebbjeb Posts: 134
    Options
    Lots of veggies - steamed or in a soup
  • Franticantics
    Options
    Chuck a load of aubergine(eggplant) Courgette (zucchini), tomatoes, onions in the oven with a little olive oil and seasoning, add spinach 5 mins befre theyre done and maybe a little low fat cheese if you fancy. DELICIOUS!
  • STBW
    STBW Posts: 3
    Options
    Grill off a piece of salmon. Also, get some asparagus and drizzle it with olive oil and garlic and put that on the grill. Make a small salad and you have a nice low cal meal. Maybe some triskets and hummus as a snack.
  • nezeray
    Options
    Diet rite, Fat Free milk and rice crispies. And if you have the calories, Breyer's carb smart ice cream.

James
    (not a fan of veggies or seafood. gotta eat what I can find)
  • Rupeedoo
    Options
    Chicken breast stuffed with low fat pesto and light phili, oven baked with a drizzle (teen tiny bit) of olive oil. Serve with some green veg and baked new potatoes, or sweet potato wedges etc x
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    skip the starch---have some broiled fish and lots of steamed veggies!
  • lgav23
    lgav23 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    4oz. Chicken Breast with 2 cups Birdseye asian stir fry veggies (250 cals.)
  • Kiyy
    Kiyy Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I was having the same problem so I added SALAD. I started making a huge bowl of greens and cut up veggies to keep in my frig. The vegetables have no calories.
    I make a low fat dressing
    RECIPE:
    O% fat free Greek yogurt
    1 garlic clove ground or crushed
    0 to 4 tablespoons of olive oil (optional)
    Tablespoon of spicy creole mustard
    Seasonings, Salt and Pepper

You may change and add Balsamic Vinegar or ground fresh red peppers,

Another good dinner option is chicken Cabbage and Onions sauteed in fry pan with Pam.
  • Kiyy
    Kiyy Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Oh and 94% Fat free Popcorn. hardly any calories
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas!!!
  • cmrich0511
    Options
    How low cal are you needing? I've got a couple of ideas that are pretty low calorie.

1. Sandwich wrap. Wal-Mart (other grocers too maybe?) sell a Lavash bread made by Joseph's Bakery. 1/2 of the wrap = 50 calories. Add 3-4 pieces deli-thin sliced meat, veggies, and some lime juice with salt & pepper (or light dressing) and you should be under 150 calories. Serve with 1/2 a serving of Quaker cheddar mini rice cakes, and you're looking at about 220 calories, or a cup of grapes for a total of 210ish calories.

2. Stuffed Portobello mushroom. Cook the mushroom cap. In a separate bowl mix 1/4 cup frozen or canned spinach, 1 wedge laughing cow light cheese, 1/4 cup undressed, plain broccoli slaw, and cook in microwave 40ish seconds, stir it up and add salt & pepper to taste, then stuff the mushroom. Top it with a little sprinkle of parmesan cheese, and that's approx 100 calories so if added to a piece of tilapia (approx 90 cal) and 1/2 cup of cooked instant white rice (approx 50 cal) and that's a grand total of 240ish calories.