Fitness book recommendations?

Options
I am looking for recommendations for a good exercise book. One that shows weights/exercises and what muscles are affected. Any suggestions?

Replies

• dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I've never looked for a book, but there are several magazines with fitness routines. There are also some good websites, and phone apps. Bodybuilding.com shows the workouts with correct form. Jefit is an app for my phone that also shows those things.
  • Katrinamorgan9
    Options
    four hour body
  • Katrinamorgan9
    Options
    or an oldie but a goodie, body for life.
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    or an oldie but a goodie, body for life.

I never thought of Body for life. It does explain a few exercises. The website works better though. I also have an old fitness for life book from college that shows some workouts.
  • dalbers
    Options
    They only fitness books you will ever need are written by Ross Enamait.

His website rosstraining.com is a wealth of hard training information.

His books are inexpensive, jam packed with information, extremely well cited, and backed by PERSONAL EXPERIENCE from a top level elite athlete of staggering proportions who is also a personal coach for some of the best boxers on the planet.

You cannot do any better for the price, or any price.

I recommend "Never Gymless" for a full range of exercises that do not require a commercial gym, as well as a 50 day training program that will kick your buttocks.
  • 3LittleMonkeys
    3LittleMonkeys Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Great! I will check that out.
  • stephy6
    stephy6 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have the Women's Health Big Book of Exercises and I think it is great for someone to learn simple strength training moves. It has exercises broken down by muscles of the body and includes pictures for each move. I would highly recommend this and you can get it for $15 on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Womens-Health-Big-Book-Exercises/dp/1605295493/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1297863961&sr=8-1
  • PokenStick
    Options
    The New Rules of Lifting for Women!!!!
  • 3LittleMonkeys
    3LittleMonkeys Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    The New Rules of Lifting for Women!!!!

Oh! I have heard of this one. I will go check it out.

I have also heard of the Women's Health book. There is one for Men as well that has good reviews.

I think I need to meet with a personal trainer and get set up with a plan. But I want an exercise book to show what exercises can be done for each part of the body. As well as a picture of the muscles that are being targeted with that muscle. I know Oxygen Mag does that, but I am looking for a more extensive collection of exercises.
  • terrivision
    terrivision Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Try the Body Sculpting Bible for Women(or Men).