Feeling unmotivated...help please!

Options
Hi,

I've been using this app for about a month and although I've lost about 2-3lbs, I'm starting to feel really unmotivated! I am exercising 5 days a week and trying very hard to stick to my daily calories (difficult on the weekends, sometimes quite a bit under during the week), any messages of support would be gratefully received...thank you

Replies

• randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, my weight just fluctuates so much and probably because one week im under and the next im over.

Just keep doing what your doing. if youve lost some weight already then your doing all the right things!! Try and set a target for your weight loss, summer holiday, wedding....etc? listen to some upbeat music to get you in the mood to move!! this always works for me.

Good Luck x
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Thanks

I have a goal - I'm going to a wedding in May, so that's what's motivating me atm. I do about 20 min aerobics each day, zumba 1hour a week, gardening and walking...I just expected more weight loss tbh!
  • schpanks
    schpanks Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    You're going to lose weight slowly because you don't have much to lose. Those of us with a little more to love lose faster. But it looks like you've come about a quarter of the way, so you're making good progress. Just think about how good you'll feel about yourself when you've reached that goal. :)
  • Katybun3
    Katybun3 Posts: 172
    Options
    Stay focused as to why you want to lose weight. Perhaps give yourself mini goals as a lot of people do. Get yourself lots of friends on here to help spur you on. At the same time don't be too hard on yourself. We all fluctuate. Good luck on your journey :flowerforyou:
  • RichB77
    Options
    I do exercise monday and tuesday, have wednesdays off, exercise thursday, then either friday or saturday. you have to be careful you 're not tiring yourself out.
    why are you finding it hard to stick to your calories? have u put a realistic weight loss in? if you are not committed to getting in shape, it will be difficult. it's like anything, if you don't give it your all, then nothing will happen.
    i've found cutting down on alcohol is a great solution, it's so calorific!
    think of a goal, i/e summer clothes, a holiday, (mine's getting a tattoo) and with that in mind you should be able to focus.
    Good luck ;-)
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your replies!

I exercise 5 days a week - I find it difficult to do any exercise on a weekend and enjoy the rest! I have set myself a target of losing 2lb a week - I thought this would be a normal weightloss target for someone who had been fairly sedentary?

I have cut out alcohol during the week, but succumb a little at the weekends! Perhaps I should take the plunge and cut it out altogether!

I'm just having a moany week - I'll get over myself just now! Loving this site though :-)
  • Terri73
    Terri73 Posts: 238
    Options
    I get the same dont forget when you build muscle through exercise it weighs more than fat so you could of actually lost more than you think. Ive stopped weighing myself and have taken measurements instead and in 2 weeks lost an inch off everywhere but not lost much weight on the scales.
    Come on keep goin!!!!
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    sorry you're feeling unmotivated. I've found having friends on the site really helps me. Also you can make you food diary public either totally or just to your freinds and we can give you some ideas of what could help. Either way, try to remember, you're not on a diet-you're adopting a new healthy lifestyle:smile: Feel free to add me as a friend. Would love to offer you whatever support I can!
  • lauriedav
    lauriedav Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new on here, but not to the battle of losing weight.
    I try to take it one day at a time. Even one hour at a time if I have to.
    Just keep reminding yourself why you are doing this. Get some new friends on
    here to help you get new insight.
    I hope you stick with it. It feels so good when you hit those goals.