Need to get back in the zone

Options
I was doing quite well for a few weeks, logging in every day. I was slowly loosing weight and doing regular exercise. Recently I discovered that I will probably be made redundant. I have not been on the site for a week and have lost heart in it? I need to get back into it any ideas to tjolt me into to it would be great

Replies

• emersoam
    emersoam Posts: 179
    Options
    My personal mantra..."MOTIVATION IS A MYTH."
  • hostile17
    hostile17 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Very tough. I was really good a couple of years ago, and had some issues at home, then made redundant, then had no job... then was working long hours. Now facing redundnacy again.

Trouble is I realise then I've had two years of excuses, and I've put on a lot of weight.

I don't know the answer... I'm an emotional eater/drinker. But I would say use me as an example! It started with one thing, but just stretched on and on. Then years have gone by. Act now so you don't have to undo damage.

Plus if you are job hunting, you will feel WAY more confident if you're happy in your body, your suit fits etc. Me having to buy a bigger suit, then another bigger one, did not help my confidence.
  • loseit4ever
    loseit4ever Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I lost my job back in November when the company I worked for suddenly closed its doors. I was in shock and even though I wasn't superbly happy in my job, I was scared about what it would mean for my family. I was depressed at first, but after a short time, I realized that this was my opportunity to improve so many aspects of my life. I used it to boost me into getting in shape, changing how my family operates, and decided to go back to school to get into the career I really want. Use the circumstances any way you have to. If you are frustrated, use it to get some really good workouts, etc. We talk ourselves into our moodiness and unwillingness to get up sometimes. I know because I do it to myself and have to fight not to!! Good luck!
  • cmuld
    cmuld Posts: 7
    Options
    Thank you for your comments. You'r right it is a good time to re-examine what I want and go for it. I am trying to remain positive and have not come of the healthy eating wagon yet, just need to get back to the exercise, (all those endomorphins such lift my mood : ) )
  • retrobolted
    Options
    How about: you need some regular exercise more than ever now, given the new stress of the job situation. Exercise, perhaps especially something like running, walking, cycling, swimming, will give you time to think in a more peaceful way about what lies ahead (better to think when running then when lying in bed worrying). And the physical benefits of the exercise will be calming and help you tremendously with the stress.