I just got a preview disk for ChaLEAN Extreme!

Options
Hey kids! I know a lot of us on here are exercise video junkies. Well, I subscribe to receive the monthly DVDs from Tony Horton called One on One. Well, this month's came with a preview disk for a new workout series coming out called ChaLEAN Extreme. It's developed by the creator of Turbo Jam, Chalene Johnson... it's all about lifting heavy, slow and controlled to build long, lean and sexy muscles.
So, for the ladies out there who are worried about getting bulky... worry no more. If you've seen Chalene you know she's not bulky, but she lifts heavy!

I guess the program is coming out in early November. I'm going to nab it right away. If anyone on here wants to join me (ladies or gentlemen) let me know! I'd love to get some Extreme buddies! :D:D:D

Replies

• psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Hey kids! I know a lot of us on here are exercise video junkies. Well, I subscribe to receive the monthly DVDs from Tony Horton called One on One. Well, this month's came with a preview disk for a new workout series coming out called ChaLEAN Extreme. It's developed by the creator of Turbo Jam, Chalene Johnson... it's all about lifting heavy, slow and controlled to build long, lean and sexy muscles.
    So, for the ladies out there who are worried about getting bulky... worry no more. If you've seen Chalene you know she's not bulky, but she lifts heavy!

I guess the program is coming out in early November. I'm going to nab it right away. If anyone on here wants to join me (ladies or gentlemen) let me know! I'd love to get some Extreme buddies! :D:D:D
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    That sounds so cool! I wish I had equipment at my apartment. :cry:
    Well you could tell me what's included in the video and I could go the gym and join you in spirit. :laugh:
  • psyknife
    Options
    Sure... heheh :)
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I would like to join you. I just got my Turbo Jam in the mail yesterday and did a quick workout this morning. Im hoping to join the rec center here as soon as we can afford it. Right now I can go for 5$ a day but I can get a family pass for 6 months for 175$. Need to try and get my husband going. He is nowhere near as big as me but he sure is getting a gut and he has high blood pressure. His doctor says if nothing has changed the next time he goes he will be put on medicine and of couse he hasnt changed anything. He needs to get off his butt and stop playing his PS3.

Connie
  • psyknife
    Options
    Why do TJ and get a gym pass??? If you have TJ you have a full program that you can do at home?However, if you want to do both, especially to get your hubby on board, then go for it :D
  • schatzi
    schatzi Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    :happy: I definitely in!! Can't wait to see what Chalene has in store for us next!

Did the preview mention how heavy we will be lifting?
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Hey Mel! (I just figured out that was you!) Lucky gal! You know I'll be trying it out as soon as I can!!!

Take care.

Jess
  • psyknife
    Options
    Hey Jess!!!!!! Yep, it's me. This used to be my username over at Beachbody too... but I changed it when coaching came into play so that people didn't constantly ask, "what is 'psyknife'"? It's a comic book character referece, btw :)

schatzi - Oh boy! The preview is actual clips from the workout... ChaLEAN uses anywhere from 10's to 30's from what I saw... it looks great! How heavy you will be lifting will depend on your strength. I have a feeling the first few workouts will be to determine which weight you should be lifting. I figure I'll start by trying the same weight Chalene tries, and then adjust up or down as needed.
  • tamazinglee
    tamazinglee Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know if Turbo Jam or ChaLean is available OnDemand on Comcast?
  • psyknife
    Options
    I do not believe they are.
    I've occassionally seen other Beachbody workouts shown on their (i.e. Slim in 6), but I don't think TJ is (ChaLEAN won't be released until early November).

Chalene is AWESOME, though, and her programs are totally worth the dough!