am i crazy???

Options
so i decided to purchase a digital scale (14.00) just to see the difference from my basic weight scale....after weighing myself this morning i thought i was going to scream!!! how can i possibly weigh 6 lbs. more on the digital???? my bf weighed himself on both the digital and basic scale and his weight came out the same....i dont get it??? did i deceive myself all this time, thinking ive lost some of the lbs??? i got so crazy that i weighed myself 3x on our old scale and and it all came out the same....6 lbs less...ive based my weight loss from this machine.....i just feel so discouraged and ready to hit golden corral for breakfast:(

Replies

• audbbgirl
    Options
    All scales are different. I would just pick the one you used from the beginning and stick with it.
    I use a weight watchers digital scale now. It can save your weight so you can compare. I like it alot. It seems to be pretty close to what the doctor's scale says.
    Don't give up!!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Im not sure which scale you should go with,but you shouldnt let a setback get to you so much.In the long run what will going to the goldon coral do for you.mabey make you happy for a split second but you will feel worse than before.stay strong it will be ok
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    i prefer my digital scale and whilst it is a pain to get a higher weight if you weigh each week and the scale goes down each week it is that that counts! choose your scale and just weigh on the one and head in the downwards direction!!!!!
  • tungaiunwa
    tungaiunwa Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    always stick with the same scale..... who knows what kind of calibration differences there are between the two
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    lol don't freak out, whatever scale you started using stick with it, all scales will read differently, mine for instance will change if you change where it sits on the floor, so I do it in the same spot every week that I weigh in. Just because one reads 6 lbs difference does not amount to much when its a cheap $14 dollar scale, it can be off a lot.
  • tawny7
    tawny7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I don't think you're crazy! I weigh different on every scale. One day I weighed myself at home, then at the gym, then I had a doctor's appointment and all three scales told a different story! lol!!! I'd either stay with the old scale or switch to the digital and go from there. Try not to get discouraged and just keep going! :flowerforyou:
  • PudgeMuffin200
    Options
    Stick with the scale you started with! Even if it's not accurate you still must have lost 6 lbs!
  • jennifer3998
    jennifer3998 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Test your scales with a hand weight to see what is accurate, or as the posters have said, just pick one and go with it!
  • tarahs
    tarahs Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    hi...yes i weighed myself on the older scale this morning 3x,lol...my bf weighed the same on that scale and digital scale and his weight was the same...so i will take your advice and just stick to the older scale...thanks mush for your support!
  • cyncynt
    cyncynt Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I work at the hospital and be so happy you don't weigh in on that scale. So not right.! If the scale you are originally weighing in on is showing continued weight loss, something is happening!!! Congrats on your success!!
  • writenina
    Options
    I can relate. My scale at home this morning showed a 6.5lb loss (WOW!!) and it just seemed too good to be true (I'm being good, but not that good - my birthday was Sunday) I expected to stay the same or maybe lose a little. So my co-worker talked me into getting on one of the scales at work. Bad Idea. The difference was 10lbs! Talk about discouragement. I'm going to chalk it up to the difference in the scales and the weight of my clothes and see what next week brings.