Beachbody workouts vs Jillian Michaels HELP PLS :/

Options
Hey everyone!!
So I have used lots of the beachbody workouts like Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire, P90X, and Insanity. I love them all but I keep hearing about Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred and other Jillian workouts. So after a weekend filled with eating poorly I went out and bought 5 of Jillians workouts (30 day shred, banish fat boost metabolism, yoga meltdown, the biggest loser cardio max and the biggest loser the workout 2)
So I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with both beachbodys workouts and Jillians or just with Jillians workouts and what results you had with it.

Thanks so much!!

Replies

• o2blori
    o2blori Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hey. I love this post. I actually started with Jillian Michaels and now do Turbo Fire through Beachbody. I did see results with Jillian's dvd's, and I love the workouts, but I got bored. I love Turbo Jam, and Fire and Yoga Booty and all the others because there's different workouts every day. That worked better for me, and kept me at it. Just my opinion. :tongue:
  • erin6026
    erin6026 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I've done both P90X and Jillians Shred/NMTZ and Power Yoga DVDs. I have to say, they are all good workouts! I think as long as you're doing one, you're good to go! Plus when you add variety to your exercise routine, you keep your muscles guessing and get in better shape than if you do the same thing every day.

*Shred is great for the days you have little motivation/time - it's only 20 min!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I haven't done any of the big name Beachbody workouts. The only reason I haven't thus far is because of price. While i find it completely worth it, I'd need to convince my husband in order to spend our money on it, hehehe. Anyways, I'd love to try them, but haven't yet, so I can't talk there.

But, I do use Jillian Michaels. I have her 30 day shred (I'm currently going into Day 19 tomorrow) and I'm REALLY liking it. I've lost a lot of inches (last i checked was at day 15 and had lost 4 inches & 3lbs) and that was only halfway through the program. I enjoy it. I've really increased my endurance, my stamina and my strength in my arms. Next up i'm going to do the 30 day slimdown program which incorporates 30DS, banish fat boost metabolism & no more trouble zones. I've heard nothing but good things about these DVDs and am anxious to try.
  • lilmommy
    Options
    Wow thanks!!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    This is from my blog a couple of months ago about my experience with 30 Day Shred.
    My husband and I have completed a round of P90X and a round of Insanity. However, I’ve been getting more and more curious about other programs. People are talking a lot about Zumba and the 30 Day Shred, so I wanted to give them a try. After finishing both P90X and Insanity you tend to feel like you can move mountains. So I knew we could do 30 Day Shred. So, we rented 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels from Netflix this week. Reviewed the DVD last night and did the workout this morning.

We did levels 1,2, and 3 back to back this morning. It was a very solid workout. She does a lot of upper, middle, lower body workouts. Compound moves like shoulder presses while you're squating. I burned over 1200 calories in 80 minutes. I burned 363 calories at the end of level 1, a total of 791 calories by the end of level 2. Some of the moves are moves done in P90X and Insanity. Such as Superman, a lot of plank work, side planks, deep Mary Katherine's, and some new ab moves. My shoulders were burning. I think I'll buy the DVD. I figure our daughters can do levels 1 and 2 since they've done Power 90. When I do it again I'll just do level 2 and 3 together for a 40 minute workout. I’m looking forward to adding the program to our workout DVD library.

I’d also like to mention that Jillian talks about some of the reasons why we were working out. During the workout she’s talking about the jeans or swimsuit we want to fit. She says to REMEMBER why we got the DVD in the first place. She was very good at motivating throughout the workouts. I recommend it!!!
  • lilmommy
    Options
    Oh my goodness thank you so much for your response I really appreciate it!!

This is from my blog a couple of months ago about my experience with 30 Day Shred.
    My husband and I have completed a round of P90X and a round of Insanity. However, I’ve been getting more and more curious about other programs. People are talking a lot about Zumba and the 30 Day Shred, so I wanted to give them a try. After finishing both P90X and Insanity you tend to feel like you can move mountains. So I knew we could do 30 Day Shred. So, we rented 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels from Netflix this week. Reviewed the DVD last night and did the workout this morning.

We did levels 1,2, and 3 back to back this morning. It was a very solid workout. She does a lot of upper, middle, lower body workouts. Compound moves like shoulder presses while you're squating. I burned over 1200 calories in 80 minutes. I burned 363 calories at the end of level 1, a total of 791 calories by the end of level 2. Some of the moves are moves done in P90X and Insanity. Such as Superman, a lot of plank work, side planks, deep Mary Katherine's, and some new ab moves. My shoulders were burning. I think I'll buy the DVD. I figure our daughters can do levels 1 and 2 since they've done Power 90. When I do it again I'll just do level 2 and 3 together for a 40 minute workout. I’m looking forward to adding the program to our workout DVD library.

I’d also like to mention that Jillian talks about some of the reasons why we were working out. During the workout she’s talking about the jeans or swimsuit we want to fit. She says to REMEMBER why we got the DVD in the first place. She was very good at motivating throughout the workouts. I recommend it!!!
  • Jd_jaquez
    Jd_jaquez Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the P90x and I'm still waiting for it to arrive... And it's funny because the reason why I ordered it was because i've been able to do both the 30 day shred all three levels that run for about 60 mins and the boost metabolism that runs for about 45 minutes not including cool down or warm up and I felt I needed something a bit more challenging, but from what I'm understanding it seems they're pretty similar.... So now I'm definitely exited about getting my hands on the P90X thx :-)

• Monisfit4life
    Monisfit4life Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Before I started doing Beachbody workouts I used the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred workout to get ready for my wedding. I liked the workout and I still own it. However, since then I have tried p90x, Turbojam, turbofire, body gospel, hip hop abs, and chalean extreme since then. I can honestly say that my main program is now Turbofire and for me its the best. I actually saw my body change more with Turbofire than it did with Jillian Michaels plus I love kickboxing so for me it was awesome. I wish I had known about turbojam before my wedding I would have done that workout instead. Because of my great results I became a coach not before (just a caveat) so I am giving my review as a customer. :) I think its all about what you enjoy. There are sooo many different workouts out there Beachbody has workouts like the 30 day shred as well (10 minute trainer and power90 and even RevAbs from Brett Hoebel( the new biggest loser trainer) I say try them all and see for yourself!
  • saradasalahudin
    saradasalahudin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Edorice,

I noticed your Insanity Weight Loss Counter...I also do insanity. How do you log the workouts into MFP in terms of calories burned? I've just been logging it as a calisthenic workout. What do you do?
  • jchapa83
    jchapa83 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I just finished Insanity a week ago and started Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 on Monday. L1 on Monday was easy so the 2nd day I tried heavier weights and it seemed to make it a lil better. But I am not sore at all, hopefully the rest gets a lil more challenging! If not I will be starting Turbo Fire Soon!!!
  • jessrenae2011
    Options
    ive done insanity when i first started my wieghtloss journey.... 146-147lbs.
    I finished month 1 and recovery week. I never finished month 2. My husband was dropping weight FAST! i however, only lost 3 lbs lol. And maybe an 1". not much of a difference. And we were both on a strict diet.

Felt discouraged, i quit insanity, and ate like crazy. sugar in sugar out, fast food everyday etc. lols

Finally, jan 2012 i felt it was time to concquer the weight again. I started jogging, and going to the ymca. I lost 10lbs.
    In feb. i was having the hardest time to get under 135lbs! i knew it was time for a change of pace, new workouts, etc. I heard about jillian 30 day shred.... bought and loved it!
    Then i bought ripped in 30, no more trouble zones, 6week6 pack, killerbuns and thighs, and fast fix. Trust me, the list will grow!!! lol

the first 2 weeks i lost 2 inches off my waist!
    I do 2 dvds the same day. one in the morning and one in the evening.
    The first 2 weeks: 30 day shred / ripped in 30

These 2 weeks: 30 day shred / 6week 6 pack.

I am visibly seeing more results than i have alone.

Hope this helps!

oh... and ive lost 5 lbs wihtin the 4 weeks of jill!!! yay im 125lbs finally!!!! and MANY inches smaller!
  • isisofphilae
    Options
    I actually started out with beachbody and like you heard a lot of talk about Jillian. I got the DVDs from the library and tried them out. I have to admit I felt a lot more sore after No More Trouble Zones than I did with P90X (not a fan of the program itself but that's just my opinion). I love her programs and if you liked hers I'd also suggest you try Bob Harper. His programs take it up a notch. I really like his Yoga DVD a lot.
    I do have to admit that some of Jillian's stuff is a bit too easy. Some of the level types. I usually skip the first level and go straight to second.The only thing I don't like is that you do the same DVD every day unlike most of the beachbody programs where you switch between DVDs. I think the Body Revolution one switches daily. I haven't tried that one yet but it's on my list.
  • rozarotti
    rozarotti Posts: 139
    Options
    I have done Jillian, running, going to the gym, Turbo Fire and now FocusT25. I absolutely LOVE the beachbody workouts! They also have great hybrids mixing different ones up!

~Misty :)
  • VeggieKidMandy
    VeggieKidMandy Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I alternate between 30 day shred, running and Zumba :) Jillian is amazing.
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I like Jillian's No More Trouble Zones also, she hits everywhere, old school and new and it's not "impossible", you don't have to get crazy to get a good workout.
    I also like her Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout...you can use whatever weight you want or switch as I do, but you go through back, tri/biceps, core, etc and she does cardio and then strength, back and forth for 30 minutes (not counting cooldown/warmup)
    You do jumping jacks, jogging, high knees, twists, jump rope, push-ups, so many moves.
    I thought the moves were harder than 30DS level one and two overall and I burned more calories. It might be my HRM, but I never get very high with her Shred series, but I always break 200 and over with the others.

I have Banish Fat too and love that, it's longer, 40 minutes but it goes by fast. It broke a plateau for me a few weeks ago.
  • cwaters120
    cwaters120 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I started with Jillians 30 day shred and got good results, but a majority of my results came from doing Turbo Fire and running. While I LIKE 30DS, I LOVE Turbo Fire - I don't get bored because it changes. I'm not working the same sore muscles over and over turning them to mush or me a shaky "mess". Turbo Fire gives me a great calorie burn, lots of sweat and challenges me while keeping it interesting :bigsmile:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    What are your goals?
  • AbstractAsterism
    AbstractAsterism Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I have Turbo Fire, but I'm currently doing 30DS to build up stamina to do TF. I hope it works!