Protein filled snacks?

Options
I need more protein in my diet. I am sick of nuts, eggs, milk, and cheese. Any other suggestions for a quick protein snack?

Replies

• NikkiJ17
    NikkiJ17 Posts: 295
    Options
    Peanut butter. Traditional ways (on whole wheat, celery, etc.) I like it with apples or in my morning smoothies - banana & pb. Also Greek yogurt is a good protein snack, if you can eat it plain - great, I also put it in my smoothie.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    I just started trying Muscle Milk Light it has 20g of protein
  • redwngs13
    redwngs13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Make a smoothie and add some protein powder to it.
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Yogurt & cottage cheese are my favorite protein snacks. Or apple slices dipped in peanut butter, but I have to be VERY careful about measuring the PB so I don't go overboard on calories from it.
  • exp_lauren
    exp_lauren Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Piller's Spicy Turkey Bites are ready-to-eat mini deli sausages with 50 calories and 6g protein. Their Chicken Nibblers are 50 calories with 7g protein. Schneider's make something like this, too.
  • LOOKING2BSEXY
    Options
    Try the Special K2O protein water mix (pink lemonade flavor)....tastes great and has 5 grams of protein in each pack!
  • TiffanyW1014
    TiffanyW1014 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I also do the Greek yogurt (Dannon fruit on bottom 120 calories 12 g of pro). I add them to my meal replacement shakes. Also if you have ever heard of Herbalife they have a protein drink mix that is 70 calories and 15 grams of pro, and a chicken soup also that is 80 caloies and 16 g of pro. That seems to help me on the days I need a quick protein pick up. Good luck!!
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Luna protein bars in peanut butter chocolate and chocolate cherry almond. Nugo Free dark chocolate crunch bars. All three of those are good sources of protein and fiber, under 200 calories, and taste like candy bars.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I see someone mentioned Muscle Milk Light ... I also like Muscle Milk 100% Whey Protein, it's 27g and tastes pretty good! I got mine at Costco and it's in the database as Costco muscle milk, but you may be able to find it other places. ..?
  • rflowers7
    Options
    Cottage cheese, greek yogurt, tuna, protein shake/smoothie, Kashi cereal.
  • ldybugg
    ldybugg Posts: 134
    Options
    I love beef jerky!( high in sodium but everything else i eat is pretty low so i allow it)
  • gt45891
    Options
    Protien Snacks: Edamame (roasted/salted soybeans), Smart Balance nut spread and/or natural peanut butter on a whole wheat sandwich. (avoid the fake peanut butter loaded with "axle grease" (hydrogenated/trans fats). Or a 28g (1 ounce) bag of Kashi "Go Lean" cereal. ..makes a great snack with anything. If you're cooking, frozen fish on a dry skillet is nearly fat free, and loaded with protein. ..and of course, there's always canned Tuna and/or Salmon...loaded with those yummy Omega 3 lipids...:D
  • ngr1973
    ngr1973 Posts: 334
    Options
    Here are my two favorites:

-Greek Nonfat Yogurt (with twice the protein) - I like the Dannon one with fruit on the bottom OR the Brown Cow one with fruit on the bottom. I usually have it for breakfast but its creamy and rich enough that it makes a great dessert with some fresh fruit even.

-Roasted turkey or chicken - I roast it myself with whatever seasoning I want and then nibble on chunks
  • erin_weh
    Options
    I love beef jerky for a quick, protein snack but you have to be careful because of all the sodium.
  • _Lisa_
    _Lisa_ Posts: 61
    Options
    1 can black beans (approx 2 1/2cups)
    1/2 cup salsa
    1/2 tsp garlic powder

mush it all together and its a yummy mexican spread for crackers or to put on a wrap.

1/2 cup of spread is 85 cal, 1 gram of fat and 5 grams of protein
  • JuliBiGoolee
    JuliBiGoolee Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    EAS protein shake powder and some all natural peanut butter. chocolate or vanilla with peanut butter and some 1% or skim milk=heaven! you can buy BlenderBottles that have a wire ball inside to shake up, easy to use and clean, no leaks and no noisy blenders. make sure you use the all natural no sugar added peanut butter, the other stuff is filled with sugar and preservatives and doesn't blend as well either.
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Ooh, and if you're not too worried about sodium, sometimes I'll just roll up a few slices of deli meat for a snack.
  • Wow! Thanks for all the ideas! Sounds like I need to go to the store! :)
  • jaybaileys
    Options
    I like tuna and protein bars. I usually get the zone bars or cliff builders. To all of the muscle milk users beware. Consumer Reports lit them up in a study last year with all the crummy ingredients. Never took another sip of it after that. There are way cheaper and better made products out there.