Picky Eaters...

jessicajc4
jessicajc4 Posts: 12
edited September 24 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok, I have to admit.. I am a picky eater.. and I find that this makes eating healthier a challenge. I don't like yogurt, I will not eat tuna, or any other fish, and I can say that I am addicted to carbs! Any suggestions on some good healthy snacks that taste good?
Thanks!

Replies

• wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Air popped popcorn. I like to mix it up, like sometimes I'll spritz it with a little lime juice for flavor. You could also try lots of veggie (I don't know if you like them or not), and summer is just around the corner, so fruits are coming into season :)

Good luck!
  • eliz_in_pink
    eliz_in_pink Posts: 278 Member
    i am a picky eater too.. check out my food diary for ideas :P
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    I have always been a picky eater as well! I am much better than I used to be and I think it was because of baby steps. Don't just stay with the things in your comfort zone, go outside a little bit. For me, growing up I never liked vegetables very much and wouldn't touch a salad. As I got older I realized I loved vegetables in soups and then I realized I liked them roasted, then I realized I liked certain kinds of salad. While I'm still picky I now have ways to incorporate them into my diet. Pair things you aren't crazy about with thing you love, like carbs. I'm not telling you to eat things you hate but DO try to expand instead of just accepting being picky. You can find some really great foods you love like that!
  • I wish I could help but I am in the same boat. I hate most healthy foods. Everything you named and so much more. I even hate popcorn which someone mentioned. It sucks so I have just been eating the same stuff just with smaller portions and adding more veggies and fruits that i do like.
  • peanutbutterpanic
    peanutbutterpanic Posts: 28 Member
    My ma~in~law recently picked up a box of Special K Sour cream & onion cracker chips for me and I loooove them, cos I'm a carb hussie myself, lol. There's also Sea Salt flavor. Good luck :D

OH! And they only run 110 calories for 27-30 pieces depending on which flavor you get. And when you actually count them out & look at it? That's A LOT of chips. Half of that usually works for me :)

Steph
  • Thanks everyone! I am so glad I found MFP!
This discussion has been closed.