Feeling Low after Stir Fry

I make a homemade stir fy with chicken, carrots and broccoli, with some chicken stock a small amount of low sodium soy sauce. I eat about a cup of stir fry and a 1/2 cup of brown rice. Whenever I eat it I don't feel right like it lowers my blood sugar. and I'm always starving about an hour after I eat it. I'm full when I"m done, so I don't know what's going on? Could someone shed some light on this! Thanks!!

Replies

• EmilyGrace1981
    EmilyGrace1981 Posts: 26 Member
    I make a homemade stir fy with chicken, carrots and broccoli, with some chicken stock a small amount of low sodium soy sauce. I eat about a cup of stir fry and a 1/2 cup of brown rice. Whenever I eat it I don't feel right like it lowers my blood sugar. and I'm always starving about an hour after I eat it. I'm full when I"m done, so I don't know what's going on? Could someone shed some light on this! Thanks!!
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Are you noticing any other "issues" and do you only feel this way after or do you feel this way prior to eating as well....is it with all meals or just this one?

dd
  • EmilyGrace1981
    Well, I do suffer from low blood sugar, but I don't normally feel this way after eating a good meal. I will feel this way if I don't eat for a while, or if I eat a lot of sugar.
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    I feel this way after I eat alot of sodium, like in Chinese take out. Won't be doing that anymore!
  • I make a homemade stir fy with chicken, carrots and broccoli, with some chicken stock a small amount of low sodium soy sauce. I eat about a cup of stir fry and a 1/2 cup of brown rice. Whenever I eat it I don't feel right like it lowers my blood sugar. and I'm always starving about an hour after I eat it. I'm full when I"m done, so I don't know what's going on? Could someone shed some light on this! Thanks!!

Although this a very healthy meal, could it be that there's not quite enough carbs in it? Just a suggestion. I know the brown rice has carbs, but they are simple carbs (or High GI), which means they burn through your body quickly. You might try Bismati Rice, and maybe a little more of it? or try hokkien noodles instead of rice? You could even add some baby corns and some snowpeas for a little extra carbs?
  • EmilyGrace1981
    My husband sugested the same thing about the rice. Maybe I will try adding some more carbs, I do love baby corn!!! Thanks! :happy: