30 day shred

Options
So my 30 day shred has just arrived but I have a few questions.
Do I have to do it everyday?
Do I have to stick to the plan 10 days on each level? I'm not sure if I am fit enough yet. I'm thinking of doing level 1 until I feel that I can do more and then progress
Can I mix it up with other BL DVD's? I have last chance workout, Cardio max and Boot camp on the way
How do I log it or any workout DVD's on here? I don't have a HRM

Replies

• Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I would use your body as an indicator as to how long you should stay on each level. I use 30DS, Last Chance, Banish Fat Boost Metabolim and another video and I rotate them because I get SO bored so easily. I don't enjoy doing the same thing everyday, so I keep switching it up.

And I log them as Circuit Training, general.
  • lorirogs
    lorirogs Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am on day 2 of Level 1, it really is a good workout. I am doing each level for 10 days.
  • cerysrhi
    cerysrhi Posts: 262
    Options
    thank you I too get bored easily which is why I've ordered so many thinking I can do a different one each day over the course of my week x
  • gangstagirl625
    gangstagirl625 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    now not to sound crazy but if it is called the 30day shred and you dont do it everyday would it still be a 30 day shred or if you do it everyother wouldn't they call it the 60 day shredd just curious?
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    When I started 30 day shred (I'm on level 2 now) ,I did level 1 for 10 straight days. At first I couldn't even do it all, but as you go each day you find out you are getting better and better. By the end of level 1 you will be bored with it. :) When I started level 2 I mixed it up with shred it with weights. At first you will be sore, but stick with it.It will go away and you will feel much better after couple of days.
    As for how to log it here-I log it as circuit training, but will be curious to see what others do. Good luck!
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    This morning I completed day 18 of 30 and I have done everyday in a row!!! It's really not that difficult to do everyday because it's so short, but it's really upto you to determine when to progress. You know your body better than us or Jillian! :laugh: I did 8 days of level 1, 9 days of level 2 & then did level 3 for the first time today... Good luck! It's a great workout! Oh, and I also do another 45 minutes of cardio at the gym 6 days a week...so just because I did it everyday, doesn't mean you have to! Like I said, just go at your own pace.
  • quegirl
    Options
    I think you are supposed to do it every day for 30 days. It's only a 20 minute workout so it's easy to fit in every day. If you feel after ten days or so that you are ready to move up a level, go for it, just do what feels good for your body. :)
  • MelanieP_TX
    MelanieP_TX Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I think you need to do it everyday. Be careful, I feel like it is hard on my knees.. I started the shred and I just felt like I needed more then 20 minutes of exercise. Don't get me wrong it kicks my butt every time!!! But I feel that if I owned a treadmill or an elliptical 30 mins of extra cardio along with the shred would of been more sufficient for me- (Having lost nearly 60 pounds I have a lot of extra skin to tone.. more than the average thin person needing to tone up) So I started The Firm 500 calorie workout instead. I have to say by the time I am finished, I am soaking wet with sweat. I also feel like I am better at the moves presented in this DVD. It has definitely taken me a few times to get the moves down but I really like it and it is a WORKOUT!! I did shred last night, I think I am going to do shred on Tuesdays and Thursdays with very light weights (3 pounds) as a supplement to the Firm which I want to try to do 4 times per week. Hope this helps. :wink:
  • Dobsaya
    Dobsaya Posts: 235
    Options
    You are supposed to do it everyday, however, I take a day off from exercise at least once every two weeks to give my body a break, so I will have it done in about 32-33 days. As far as the levels, move at your own pace. When you feel it becoming easier, move up a level. This took me 8 days, it took my sister 20. I also do at least 30 minutes of other cardio each day to make sure I get in about an hour of fitness a day.
  • in_it_2_win_it
    Options
    I do 30 day shred, and banish fat boost metabolism... I did a few days on level 1.. but it was too easy for me so right now I am on level 2 and today was my 2nd day. The routine I have set for me... is to do shred first then go right into banish fat and boost metabolism then I usually do the yoga on the wii fit... and I love it... today I just bought her yoga meltdown and I am trying to figure out how to incorporate that into my routine... ( Also trying to figure out how to log the yoga melt down) usually with the wii fit I log it as yoga and put how many minutes I do it for.. BUT DO THE 30 DAY SHRED EVERY DAY.. YOU WILL GET RESULTS.. AND IT GETS LESS HARDER AS YOU GO ON
  • Bmorrow
    Bmorrow Posts: 169
    Options
    I'm doing mine In 60 days..I stayed w Anita for the first week, now am w Natasha (I think that's her name). I will move up a level when I can get through a level w/o modifications. Good luck you are doing such an awesome job...motivation for us all!