Just dumped livestrong.com for myfitnesspal!

Options
Hey everyone,

Got tired of the bloat, down websites, crashing iphone app and have joined myfitnesspal!

So far I'm loving it. much easier than livestrong. :)

Lost about 90lbs so far, looking to drop another 20 before I re-assess my ultimate goal weight!

feel free to add me as a friend if you want. :)

Replies

• RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    I moved over here from Livestrong as well. Like the app better and is much more user friendly.
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Same here, I moved over here a while ago - the app is great and so easy to use.
  • equivocalbeauty
    equivocalbeauty Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I also agree, I think MFP is much easier to use than livestrong.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I moved here from spark welcome!
  • loseit4good52
    Options
    I moved over here from another site as well and I love this so much more. The food and exercise tracking are 100% easier and the support is amazing! Welcome, we are so happy to have you here :wink:

-Colleen
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I found this site to be great and easy to use compared to anything else I have tried! Lot it here! Add me if you would like!
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    it used to be called thedailyplate right? i used to be there but moved here a few years ago and was off and on. now i've been "on' for a short time and am feeling great

this year is about improving me.
  • Nysie5
    Nysie5 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the family!
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your 90 lb loss!!!! Welcome to MFP :)
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I moved here from the couch! LOL...Glad you're here guy!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Did they demand that you give the yellow bracelet back? j/k
    Welcome :)
  • Nemlein
    Nemlein Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I tried livestrong briefly before coming to MFP and I'm so much happier with this site. I hope you will find great motivation and support here! Welcome!
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    I moved here from the couch! LOL...Glad you're here guy!

Awesome, we came from the same place!!!

Welcome and congrats on such a remarkable weight loss!
  • shicao
    Options
    Hi Everyone! My name is Rose. It is new for me to star food/fitness checking. Hope I can get encourage here to keep up!
  • melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I haven't use livestrong so I don't know how their database is. I love myfitnesspal, it is really helping me to focus on what I'm eating and working out. Just one word of caution: I love the database and how you can add your own food, etc. but sometimes people add incorrect information or information that is unique to how they are cooking a particular food. I would encourage you to save "unique" foods in the My Foods area and not bog down the database with an item that no one else can use except for you. Also, be careful that what you are adding to your diary is in reality what you have eaten!

Congrats on your weight loss! I lost about 110 pounds over a 3 year period ending in 2007 but since meeting my husband in 2008, managed to pack 50 pounds back on! Thankfully, he loves me unconditionally. But I don't love this, so I have lost about 18 of it back and want to lose about 80 altogether. He will have never seen me that small!! I will re-assess at that time!

Welcome!
  • RUNMLT
    RUNMLT Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i came of from mycaloriecounter.com...that so was easy to use, but didnt quite have the "community/social" feel of this site. Also you had to hand enter TOO many food choice because their database didnt have it.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I use LiveStrong too. The "updates" to the site and app are atrociously effective for tracking calories from one method or the other, as far as accuracy logging onto the site and the app. I still use it for the My Plate D, but only in conjunction with MFP. I consider it like a "double tap" kind of thing where I know if I can't get one source of calories from one database, I have the other to rely on.
  • Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I moved over from caloriecount as well. I agree their food database was really lacking. I used to just write what I was eating in a food journal but this is way better.
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I moved over from another site as well. It was a great tool but it was almost....too much! Like overwhelming.

MFP seems to be just right and what I need and I love the iPhone app!