calorie shifting

Options
hey guys...has anyone ever tried calorie shifting. if so how did it work. would you
recommed it.

Replies

• greeneyedboobaby
    Options
    hey guys...has anyone ever tried calorie shifting. if so how did it work. would you
    recommed it.
  • krystalmoore1986
    krystalmoore1986 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    what is that?:huh:
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I've done it and it works for me, *especially* if I hit a plateau. I do it, but not all the time, like every third or every other week.

It's where you "move" some of your calories from one day to the next. Instead of eating 1200 every day, you'll eat 1150 one day, then1400 the next, then 1200 the next, then 1100 the next, so on and so on. You're body operates continuously, not on a 24 hour clock. Even though at 7 am every morning YOU start over, don't mean your body does. It also gets stuck in a rut if you do the exact same thing every day, kind of like if you do the same exercise every day and it stops being as effective.
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I've done it and it works for me, *especially* if I hit a plateau. I do it, but not all the time, like every third or every other week.

It's where you "move" some of your calories from one day to the next. Instead of eating 1200 every day, you'll eat 1150 one day, then1400 the next, then 1200 the next, then 1100 the next, so on and so on. You're body operates continuously, not on a 24 hour clock. Even though at 7 am every morning YOU start over, don't mean your body does. It also gets stuck in a rut if you do the exact same thing every day, kind of like if you do the same exercise every day and it stops being as effective.

I had never heard of this before, but it makes sense. I may try it. I feel a plateau coming up. I haven't lost much at all in the past month. :frown: And I think it is because my exercising has become somewhat routine. I have been switching it up a bit at the gym and playing with different settings and it is starting to work, but will have to keep calorie shifting in mind.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I do that by default because I don't burn the same amount of calories each day. It's not so much that the daily calories shift, but the deficit. You cycle between a 200-700 cal. deficit on days that have harder/easier workouts. It can definitely be effective when you're at a plateau or already fairly lean.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Here is a GREAT zig-zag website. This is more along what I am doing...Not on purpose, but my foods just end up all weird like this website shows. Good luck!

http://www.naturalphysiques.com/tools.php?itemid=64
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link. I've bookmarked it and will have to try it out.
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Yes, I suppose I do - unintentionally cause I work out and I vary intensity and consequently, caloric intake.

Oh -- and no it hasn't helped me break my plateau.. but, what can you do... :wink: