Need exercise video for 10 year old girl

Options
She tries to do P90X with us, but its just not interesting for her, and to hard.

We need something to do together, I do not mind if it is a girly workout. I will do it with her.

She likes the idea of doing exercise videos with us as a family at home, but P90x is really beyond her level and bores her.

What is out there for 10 year old girls that you may have personally tried?

Replies

• crystaltrejo
    crystaltrejo Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    do you have Wii or Xbox? they have tons of fun and they make you sweat!
  • orchid100
    orchid100 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My wee niece loves the Wii dance..... she can do it on her own, with friends and even with us when we want a giggle!!.... its a good workout once you get into the swing of it and really good fun

Hope you find something

Tracey x
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    My 4 year old son loves to use my resistance bands and balance ball with me. In fact, he plays with them even when I'm not working out. Might be easier for her, and you tube has tons of ideas for them.
  • cheangela
    Options
    I hate videos so I'm going to recommend a pretty pink bike. Streamers on the handlebars. Little basket to put treasures :-).

Good luck darlin'!
  • bam0904
    bam0904 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    do Jillian Michaels shred. It has 3 different levels. I currenlty do it with my 9 year old daughter. She likes that it is the same routine and wants to work up to the higher level. I dont think its too difficult for a 9 year old (level one is great for her so far.) We have not tried the other levels yet.
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Zumba dance is fun! :smile:
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Billy Blanks has a kids' Tae Bo video, I can't remember the name though. I've heard some adults say they like to use the video for themselves AND their kids.
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    My 11 year old son likes to do the wii fit and there is also the dancing for the wii, which I want to get.
  • Monisfit4life
    Monisfit4life Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Shaun T creator of Insanity has a video for kids called Fit Kids Club.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Dancing and a hula hoop. I am going to get me a hula hoop I think id burn a lot of calories just bending over to put it around my waist. There is a site that custom make hula hoops I'm going to order mine from it only 14.99 plus shipping and you can hula hoop with her how fun would that be
  • ebonybliss
    Options
    Leslie Sansone walk at home video series has some for adutls, teens and kids. They work, they help me lose weight and get my exercise!
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I've seen yoga for kids videos - my neice has one.
  • sunburstmo
    sunburstmo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My 6 year old likes to do the yoga booty ballet videos with me. She likes the dancing in those. I have not done hip hop abs, but i think it would keep her entertained. Anything with alot of movement will hold their attention. The strength training can get boring fast. Zumba is another fast paced one. Hope those help.
  • shanhawk
    Options
    My 8 year old likes one called "Tony & the Kidz" its done by Tony Horton. Its great!! You can get it at Beachbody.com
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Handball on the garage. Srsly. My 11 year old loves it.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,740 Member
    Options
    My 8 year old likes one called "Tony & the Kidz" its done by Tony Horton. Its great!! You can get it at Beachbody.com
    That's the one I was going to suggest. I bought it for my niece and nephew. I tried it out before I gave it to them, and I had fun doing it! :bigsmile:
  • dalbers
    Options
    do Jillian Michaels shred. It has 3 different levels. I currenlty do it with my 9 year old daughter. She likes that it is the same routine and wants to work up to the higher level. I dont think its too difficult for a 9 year old (level one is great for her so far.) We have not tried the other levels yet.

We do not own a WII. We do have DDR on the playstation 3 but while active, it is not a big calorie burner when you are new with it...

I am going to try this as it seems like she may enjoy it and I certainly will have no problems watching the hostess LOL
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    There is a whole series of workout dvds called 10 Minute Solutions. The dance one might be fun for her, and 10 min is not too long for boredom.
  • Dobsaya
    Dobsaya Posts: 235
    Options
    My 10-year-old daughter likes Zumba and Turbo Jams. She hates 30 day shred. Did it once and said she would never do it again. Plus I had to stay on her about her form to make sure she didn't damage her knees, so I won't have her doing videos that require goof form in the near future.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Have you checked out Beachbody.com - Tony Horton has one for kids. I've been tempted for mine, but at this point, they are sticking with P90X just fine. Nothing like a 9yo boy quoting Tony Horton - or talking about his abs :)