7 Low Calorie Snacks Under 100 Calories

Options
1. Half a cup of frozen orange juice, eaten with a spoon makes a lovely sorbet. (61 calories)
2. A cup of coffee with 1/4 cup non-fat milk and 2 vanilla wafers, for an afternoon boost. (60 calories)
3. Three dark chocolate Hershey kisses to get that chocolate fix. (77 calories)
4. One cup frozen watermelon balls or chunks, summery sweet! (46 calories)
5. Three medium stalks of celery dipped in mustard for a savory treat! (31 calories)
6. Two boiled eggs with the yolk removed, if you need a protein fix. ( 34 calories)
7. A slice of turkey lunch meat, wrapped in a lettuce leaf with a bit of spicy mustard. ( 20-40 calories, depending on your meat choice - the lettuce and mustard add about 6 calories).

I found these on this site that I just stumbled on tonight. Thought it was interesting. :)

http://200calories.blogspot.com/

Replies

• jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    OOOh, I like the orange juice idea!
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    I prefer my snacks to have some weight.... 100-200 calories of nutrients ;)
    But! The frozen oj and watermelon balls sound SUPER refreshing! :-D

It is important to include more than one food group into your snacks for them to best fuel you to your next meal. But these are great ideas for a small snack on days you may not have room.
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options
    Love Love Love the oj and watermelon idea! Any ideas for low calorie low sodium snacks?!?
    :drinker:
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Love Love Love the oj and watermelon idea! Any ideas for low calorie low sodium snacks?!?
    :drinker:
    Veggies and hummus.
    Apple and reduced fat cheese.
    The cleaner you eat the better it is for you and the less sodium naturally.

Making your own hummus from low or no sodium garbonzo beans is a great way to get in excellent nutrients a healthy, quick and easy way. :)
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options
    Thanks!
    :happy:
  • vinster345
    vinster345 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Iced Gems :love: