Tilapia

Options
Does anybody have any good low cal recipes for tilapia. I tend to broil mine with a little lemon juice, salt, pepper, and garlic.

Replies

• capenron
    Options
    Tortilla Crusted Tilapia is awesome!! ... http://www.coreperformance.com/knowledge/recipes/tortilla-crusted-tilapia-recipe.html
    very good recipe!!! :)
  • peggysue1977
    peggysue1977 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I always spray mine with the fat free butter and then sprinkle McCormick Grill mates Roasted Garlic & Herb seasoning on it. It tastes great and so moist..
  • mariaezdabomb
    Options
    How about making a ceviche out of it? Chop it in bite size pieces, chop some cilantro, tomatoe, onion a jalepeno or serrano pepper and squeeze a bunch of lemon/lime juice all over it to cover the fish up.. itll marinade/cook the fish in a few hrs.. :)
  • rebrafe
    Options
    I make mine with Lemon Pepper Seasoning and butter spray, and then bake it. Really nummy!
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    You can make a foil packet. Place your fish in a long piece of tin foil, sprayed with nonstick spray. Shake a little bit of No Salt seasoning ( I like the McCormick Mediterranean Perfect Pinch ), place two green pepper rings, an onion slice, and 1/4 c. low sodium chili ready tomatoes on top. Fold foil over to make a packet. Cook at 375 for about 20 to 30 minutes. Check after 20 minutes though. If it flakes with the fork it is done. If not continue to cook until done.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Here are a couple:

Fish Tacos - I saute, break up into bit sized pieces, and then put on corn tortilla with a little low fat sour cream, cheese, and top with a slaw I make of cabbage, carrots, red pepper with rice wine vinegar, fresh lime juice, ginger paste, chopped cilantro, little sesame oil, sour cream and rice wine vinegar just enough to coat the slaw.

Another - I dredge the fish in egg wash and then coat with a mix of 2 parts bread crumbs 1 part parmesean cheese. Bake for about 8-10 minutes depending on size, then top with marinara and mozzerella cheese and put under broiler until cheese melts. "Tilapia parmesean"
  • CricketClover
    CricketClover Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    bump :smile:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Yum! I'm totally adding this to my recipes! I bet it would be good with a little tomatillo sauce on top.
  • mommiestephie
    Options
    I do a egg white bath and then whole wheat ritz and some adobo. We love it.. Aidan even does... :love: