Any Etsy Sellers?

Options
strandedeyes
strandedeyes Posts: 392 Member
Hey Everyone!

I am wondering if any of you folks are etsy sellers or know a thing or two about selling on etsy? I am considering opening up an etsy shop but just wanted to see if anyone had any advice on what to do.

Although it seems fairly easy, I just was wondering how you got your shop started? Did you have a bunch of items already made so this way you could put up 20 different items or did you gradually increase?

Let me know your thoughts or any advice :)

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    oooo can you throw up some awesome summer dresses on there please? preferably organic so I can buy them for my bridesmaids lol...i love the etsy website. Good luck in your endeavors!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I dont have an etsy,but I love regretsy lol
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    I LOVE etsy! I have not opened up a shop yet, but really want to. I do know that you need to make sure the name you have on there is the name you would like your store to be, once you create an account, you are unable to change the name, so just keep that in mind. Other than that I say just go for it! It seems fairly easy, and I am sure there are help options on there if you run into a snag...
    Good luck!♥
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of etsy. What is it? What type of store?
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that has one (I did too, once upon a time) and she had samples made up and when someone would place an order she would make it then, that way they could customize it if they wanted.
  • strandedeyes
    Options
    I have never heard of etsy. What is it? What type of store?

Etsy.com is an online community of sellers who sell vintage items to loads of handmade items. If you are looking for something unique, you are sure to probably find it on Etsy. Since I love to make random things around my apartment, I think its time I finally start selling...or try to :)
  • strandedeyes
    Options
    I have a friend that has one (I did too, once upon a time) and she had samples made up and when someone would place an order she would make it then, that way they could customize it if they wanted.

I was thinking of doing the same as that...just didn't know if they worked well or not :)
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I've had a shop in there for a while. My sister and I are crafty so we decided to start selling our goods.

www.freyjahandmadegoods.etsy.com

We started out slowly with our items and have gradually increased. We do craft and art festivals as well so it's a way to promote the biz.

It's a TON of fun! Go for it!
  • strandedeyes
    Options
    I've had a shop in there for a while. My sister and I are crafty so we decided to start selling our goods.

www.freyjahandmadegoods.etsy.com

We started out slowly with our items and have gradually increased. We do craft and art festivals as well so it's a way to promote the biz.

It's a TON of fun! Go for it!

Oooooooh awesome to hear! Once I am done with some fo my errands, I will be checking out your store too!
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I don't have an etsy store but I LOVE etsy and have bought several things from the site. I wish that I had a creative idea to make and sell!! Bumping to see more shops!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I had one, but the only people who bought anything were people I already knew. :indifferent:

I should start it up again.
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Bump, I'm curious to check this out...
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I have an etsy account but have not sold anything. I buy from there all the time!
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    It's fun! They charge 20 cents per listing but no final value fee, so it's cheaper than Ebay. and if your items are homemade, they are the place to sell :smile:

The creativity on Etsy amazes me!

Oh, and I sell edible cake images. They are sheets of frosting that I print photos on with edible ink :flowerforyou:

Like this: http://www.etsy.com/listing/64864528/angry-birds-custom-edible-image-cake
  • chevysarah
    Options
    I loooove Esty. When I win the lottery that is the first place I am spending millions! haha. I am working on getting my store up and running too... problem is I never have much stock because everything I make I want to keep. :embarassed: I may have to work on that.

Good luck with your shop and keep us posted when you get it up and running! Cant wait! :drinker:
  • welly5
    welly5 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    If you click on the community tab, then click on teams and search "Etc" you'll find team etc which has the nicest forums of allll of etsy. Lots of people there to answer questions and you don't have to sell to join.
  • sempernova
    sempernova Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I have an Etsy shop (same username!). I love buying and selling on Etsy!

www.sempernova.etsy.com
  • be_kris
    Options
    I LOVE Etsy, I bought my bridesmaids dresses there, my boutinierres for the men instead of flowers, and my garters! Good luck!