When I loose weight I sometimes get a dull headache at the b

Options
When I loose weight I sometimes get a dull headache.

Not a migraine just a dull headach at the back top of my skull sometimes when Im loosing weight.

Ive checked the internet but couldnt really find anything does anyone else ever have them ?

Replies

• newDZ
    newDZ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    it's a common form of detoxing. drink lots and lots of water. eat extra water based veggies (celery is a great source).

also try to get enough sleep, because that's when the body repairs itself.

(i am a migraine sufferer and i too know the difference.)

be well,
    dz
  • erinjoy002
    erinjoy002 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I got a headache last night after a hard workout. It's rare i get headaches so it was weird to me. My boyfriend said I might be dehydrated, but my intake was over 8 glasses of water yesterday, so I don't know what it was... Hope you find answers :)
  • newDZ
    Options
    another thing is allow yourself portioned good fats (avocado, flaxseed oil, 1oz RAW brazil nuts/macadamia nuts, full fat butter, olive oil)... the brain uses and needs fat.
    but not fat found in processed food just good natural fats.

and i'll say it again WATER if you think you drank enough water today drink 2 more cups (extra is always good).
    dehydration causes the brain to actually shrink and tighten up. the brain get hydrated by the water and good fats that flows there via your blood vessels.

dr. oz even talks about these 2 brain important elements (water and fat).

i knew this prior because i've had migraine for a long time but i have been activity losing weight and all of this has helped me tremendously.

(that's it for now UNLESS i remember something else:bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: )
    d
  • cookingcriolla
    Options
    Are you getting enough carbs into your diet? A lack of carbs can cause a headache. Just a thought.
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    make sure your drinking enough water. when i start to dehydrate i get headaches
  • newDZ
    Options
    I got a headache last night after a hard workout. It's rare i get headaches so it was weird to me. My boyfriend said I might be dehydrated, but my intake was over 8 glasses of water yesterday, so I don't know what it was... Hope you find answers :)

your boyfriend is most likely right (shhh who said that... lol)

most people need more than just 8 glasses in fact the proper math for just staying hydrated is ---
    divide your weight by 2 and the sum is the amount of water you need in oz.

so if you weigh 128 then yes 8 (8oz) of water is what you need. when that report came out decades ago most people and doctors ignore that little caveat that said "average" so it became the standard. the medical community just want people to at least consider drinking water (lol)

so if you are losing weigh add at least 2-4 extra to your requirement to flush out the water.

also with exercising you get dehydrated and your muscle draw extra water from the body which also draws out extra potassium in order for the muscle to repair and metabolize energy. try having a banana, asparagus or liquid potassium. see if that helps.

be well,
    d
  • juldga
    juldga Posts: 119
    Options
    Yep thats me I feel like someone addicted to caffiene giving up coffee
  • hotrodcowgirl
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your advice Ive been drinking 15 cups of water a day normally but I will try a lil extra.

Also that make sense that your brain needs fat aswell as carbs an protein my diet has been pretty lean on fat.

Thanks again :)
  • hotrodcowgirl
    Options
    And i just measured how much water that my cup holds I though it was 3 but its only 2 so I guess Ive only been get 9 -12 cups a day :)

Thanks again !
  • newDZ
    Options
    And i just measured how much water that my cup holds I though it was 3 but its only 2 so I guess Ive only been get 9 -12 cups a day :)

Thanks again !

SMART winner's attitude ... that's what winners do "investigate and adapt".

we are all learning what works.
  • hotrodcowgirl
    Options
    Its been awhile but the headaches are back with fatigue this time I have been drinking plenty of water,12- 14 cups and electrolytes.

Vitamins, fats, protein carbs all good. Like Fish, Frozen Veggies, & Fresh Fruits. I take Double x a Amway Multi Vitamin Twice a day.

8 -9 Hours of sleep and I feal like I am hung over ?

My last work out was last wednesday I took a break cause I was fealing weak.

My calorie intake has been 1200 - 1500 net.

I cant figure it out its driving me crazy any ideas?