Never thought of this as healthy habit. How Russian people e

Options
How Russian people eat

Ok, I'm originally from Russia. I remember after every meal we had to drink tea. Even if sometimes I felt like I did not eat enough, my mom would say "You have tea ahead of you". And we would drink tea with a small treat. After that I felt full.
Now I think about it more. It is actually very good to drink something after your meal. We all know that the feeling of satisfaction comes a bit later after we ate. So, while we are drinking after meal, our body "realizes" that it does not need more food.
I never thought about it before. And now I'm going to encourage this habit in my international family!:drinker:
Hope, it will help someone,

Replies

• mixmastermolly
    Options
    I think this sounds like a great idea.
  • Capt_Chev
    Capt_Chev Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have also heard that drinking hot tea after a meal can help in digestion.
  • chiliflea
    chiliflea Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    that's a fantastic idea! Thanks! I've got some different weight loss teas and I think they might be perfect for drinking after a meal...

Thanks again for the tip!
  • jclji4
    jclji4 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the idea. Might just try this.
  • sunnysashka
    Options
    You are very welcome!
    I have a choice of different teas: cherry, chai, green, camomile, black.... Just choose what I'm in the mood for! )))
  • BirdsofaFeather
    BirdsofaFeather Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Good post! This was instilled in me when I went to Zimbabwe (colonized by the British), they drank tea after breakfast and dinner; everyday! I think herbal teas are best as well. Black leaves can dehydrate you. However, if you love black tea; do that over nothing.
  • sunnysashka
    Options
    Good post! This was instilled in me when I went to Zimbabwe (colonized by the British), they drank tea after breakfast and dinner; everyday! I think herbal teas are best as well. Black leaves can dehydrate you. However, if you love black tea; do that over nothing.

I agree about black tea. It also gets me to retain water. So, black tea is my morning choice usually. The rest of the time I drink herbal teas.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    It's a good idea... Mebe I'll try it! Thanx for posting!
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    we often will treat coffee like a dessert after a rich meal, too. great post!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    when i was visiting france, they did that as well. i incorporated it for several years, but fell out of the habit! i think i am going to start up again. thanks for the reminder!
  • sunnysashka
    Options
    you are welcome. guys!
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    It seems more countries and international communities do this - except in America...........

I have tea or coffee after a meal and I always have a cup of chammomile tea before bed with some vanilla.
  • sunnysashka
    Options
    Oh! I like that idea - tea with vanilla! I'll try it!
  • Guinepig
    Guinepig Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I really like the idea of doing that. Thank you.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I have found taking a taste of what I am preparing makes me feel full faster and I don't feel I have to eat as much to get full. Kind of like priming my system.
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I drink tea a lot - a glass of green tea in the morning and an herbal tea at night. Sometimes if I'm not feeling well (stomach ache or I ate something that didn't agree with me), I'll drink peppermint tea. It tends to settle my stomach.
  • rvice2
    rvice2 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time drinking hot tea because I like tea sweet. I don't drink coffee either. Mainly just water and iced tea with sweetner for dinner. Any way to make hot tea taste better without adding sweetner or sugar?
  • cocochanel2
    Options
    We drink tea here in Ireland after every meal and constantly through out the day! Although GREEN tea is now been used as a dieters aid as it is supposed to speed up the metabolism.
  • sunnysashka
    Options
    I have a hard time drinking hot tea because I like tea sweet. I don't drink coffee either. Mainly just water and iced tea with sweetner for dinner. Any way to make hot tea taste better without adding sweetner or sugar?

Try some herbal tea. Like cherry or citrus. Those do not have sweeteners in it but very tasty!