Low-Cal Chicken Recipes?

magpie8402
magpie8402 Posts: 121 Member
I am tired of always doing plain grilled chicken. Does anyone have a low-cal recipe idea to spice up chicken?

Thanks!

Replies

• Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    I tried Ken's garlic & herb chicken marinade. It was delish!
  • emilysebastian
    emilysebastian Posts: 245 Member
    Stuff it with Spinach, Mushrooms, and Red Peppers tossed in a *very* little bit of Sesame Oil; bake until no longer pink (25-30 mins). Easy and very "gourmet" tasting in a very short time! If you wanted to reduce the cals from oil, you could put a little non-fat greek yogurt in there instead... kind of gives it a creamy taste.
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026

i dont know if that site is going to work since i realized it went to my email...sorry!
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    I, too have gotten tired of plain grilled chicken. I bought Weber Roasted Garlic and Herb Seasoning and WOW! Plain old baked or grilled chicken never tasted so GOOD! Give it a try. Shake it on liberally and bake! It is really good. (it does have salt in it)

Also, there is a recipe on here for Pineapple chicken that you make in the crock pot. Great! Even my kids liked it. (we ate it over rice)
  • I've got a chicken dish in the over that smells awesome and I'm so excited to eat it haha.
    It's a chicken breast stuffed with a mixture of Philli light and low fat pesto, topped with a fat-less bacon medallion. Altogether 338cal and 15g fat
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Chop up the chicken, mix in a can of black beans, kernel corn, and serve over rice (or, in my case, riced cauliflower). Top with salsa. SO YUMMY!
  • o2blori
    o2blori Posts: 168 Member
    4 chicken breasts. Bottle of salsa. Can of corn (or other veggies if you want) and black beans. Put in a crock pot or put it in the oven. I shred mine and put it over salad or a tortilla. Very low cal. :-)
  • CallejaFairey
    CallejaFairey Posts: 391 Member
    i posted a chicken meatball recipe a little while ago, depending on what you actually serve with it, it is pretty low cal and soooo does not taste it, my mom was convinced the cals were wrong when i brought some over for her.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/168672-chicken-meatballs-in-tomato-sauce-w-gnocchi
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    4 chicken breasts. Bottle of salsa. Can of corn (or other veggies if you want) and black beans. Put in a crock pot or put it in the oven. I shred mine and put it over salad or a tortilla. Very low cal. :-)

very good!
  • givprayz
    givprayz Posts: 328
    Mix 1/4 c low fat cottage cheese with 1 heaping Tbsp diced tomatoes (with green chilis if you like some heat) and 4 chopped olives. Stuff into one lg b/s breast along with one slice of yogurt cheese and pin closed with toothpicks. Roll breast in combo of garlic, rosemary, thyme, parsley and a dash of salt. Brown in a little olive oil on both sides, then cover and put in 350 oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and rest for 5 minutes before cutting into 2 servings.
    Chage out the stuffing or herbs for different flavors.
  • DHalaby73
    DHalaby73 Posts: 980 Member
    I tried this and it came out great...

FRENCH'S® CRUNCHY ONION CHICKEN

2 cups (4 oz.) FRENCH'S® Original or Cheddar French Fried Onions

2 tbsp. all-purpose flour

4 (5 oz.) boneless skinless chicken breasts

1 egg, beaten

Directions:
    Place French Fried Onions and flour into plastic bag. Lightly crush with hands or with rolling pin. Transfer to pie plate or waxed paper.

Dip chicken into egg; then coat with onion crumbs, pressing firmly to adhere. Place chicken on baking sheet.

Bake at 400°F for 20 min. or until no longer pink in center.

Tips from French's
    Look for FRENCH'S® French Fried Onions in the canned vegetable aisle!

Tips: For a sweet and tangy taste, substitute 1/4 cup FRENCH'S Honey Mustard for the egg when coating the chicken with the onion crumbs.

For easy clean-up, coat baking sheet with vegetable cooking spray.

Even Crispier Chicken Tip: Bake chicken pieces on greased rack set over a rimmed-baking sheet.

Nutritional Analysis Per Serving: 360 Calories, 19 g Fat, 8 g Saturated Fat, 0 g Trans Fat, 131 mg Cholesterol, 32 g Protein, 13 g Carbohydrates, 1 g Dietary Fiber, 225 mg Sodium.
  • norcalbeezy
    norcalbeezy Posts: 220 Member
    A thin sliced chicken breast and fold it over in half on a baking sheet and put sliced raw asparagus, and a piece of low cal bacon on top of the asparagus and a sprinkle of cheese on the bacon and fold the chicken over and bake for about 25 mins its amazing!! And only about 260-300 calories depending on what cheese/bacon you use. Also yummy as left overs!
  • thisis4me
    thisis4me Posts: 219 Member
    Bump!!! All these sound great:)
  • alexhage
    alexhage Posts: 6 Member
    That sounds delicious. I will definitly try it.:happy:
  • magpie8402
    magpie8402 Posts: 121 Member
    BUMP
This discussion has been closed.