Guilty Pleasures

Options
I love guilty pleasures..mine are mainly bands that I still like from fifth grade.
Personally my biggest musical guilty pleasure for example is George Michael - I think his voice is to die for. I listen to him when I need something else.
I saw a thread two seconds ago about watching the Kardashians, they said no haters, so I didn't join in (lol). But it was definitely listed as a guilty pleasure.

My others include:
I like Jeff Lewis and his neurosis a lot. I don't know why but I find it weirdly soothing to watch him freak out about stupid things such as painters tape.

Bring it on please I want to see how freaky we can get. I will think of more.

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Whenever I follow a link from somewhere that leads to the dailymail.co.uk I get stuck there reading celebrity gossip and checking out the paparazzi photos.

Wow did I just say that out loud?
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    Whenever I follow a link from somewhere that leads to the dailymail.co.uk I get stuck there reading celebrity gossip and checking out the paparazzi photos.

Wow did I just say that out loud?

That is awesome! LOL

One of my bff's is a gossip junkie, her bf is too 'serious' to taint himself with it, yet he retains all of her blabber about to the point of adding his own opinions about various break ups and scandals. I think he's liking the gossip but won't fess up to it lol :)
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    bahaha this is an awesome thread! I will definately post here

Medical shows--love the blood, and the mystery (mystery diagnosis is my fav!!)
    TLC-love all shows on tlc especially say yes to the dress and cake boss
    Fav tv show -lost!
    Favorite musical GP-Britney speares
    Favorite Food GP-CHOCOLATE!!!!

I am a total girl!
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    Ok another dorky pleasure that I enjoy is that I love making my friends 'mixed Cd's' LOL..they like my playlists. I like burning them on a disc and labeling it lovingly with my sharpie. I write like an architect,
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    The BEEGEES! OMG! :-)

And rag mags. Love the drama!

I also have a HUGE crush on Joe Jonas. My 11 year old daughter thinks I'm crazy. Hey, he's legal.

Sometimes, I wish I was Selena Gomez...or at least looked like her. I think she's so cute! LOLLL

Yea, I have problems.
  • taso42_DELETED
    Options
    Also, I went through this weird phase where I was hooked on Ke$ha. She mesmerized me. I knew all the words to Tik Tok and Your Love Is My Drug and sang along, over and over again. I was convinced that she was a space alien who came here to infect our race. Somehow, using great inner strength, I have moved on.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    The BEEGEES! OMG! :-)

And rag mags. Love the drama!

I am not alone! (The BEE GEES part).:drinker:
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    ROCK ON, I *LOVE* making mix tapes (CDs)! I'm even in a CD exchange group with a bunch of friends. :)

My guilty TV is American Idol and Survivor. Love that crap.

I also love to see what everyone's wearing at the Oscars, Grammys, whatever, even though I really don't care about fashion.

Oh, and I'm crazy about cheesy 70's music. BeeGees, Manilow, ABBA, Sonny & Cher. I love it.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Guilty pleasures...this is more like secret shame for me, but here goes:

Trolling
    Anime and manga
    J-rock and J-pop
    Playing fighting games with the technical terminology of a hardcore enthusiast
    GameFAQs (ties in with previous statement)
    Being a total d-bag to strangers
    Watching House like it's an alternate life of mine
    Watching the History channel about the universe and ancient aliens and theories of that nature
  • davidmsheppard
    Options
    James Bond; Star Trek...
  • amyoliver85
    amyoliver85 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Okay...I have to do it...because I have to out myself.

--Guilty pleasures TV: Law & Order SVU, House and Bones. I am soooo addicted to Bones...okay, me and my fiance got ENGAGED during an episode of Bones...that's how pathetic we are!!!

--Guilty pleasures food: mmmm, Meatball Panini and a Sugar Cookie with Sprinkles at Paradise Bakery, or there's a chicken with feta cheese and roasted red peppers with sun dried tomato tapenade at place I looooooove in Salt Lake City called Pazzo Vita.

--Guilty pleasures treats: BROWNIES!!!

--Guilty pleasures music: Rap...like BOB and Eminem...seriously...I could be a gangsta! :-p (in some other life!!! hahaha)

-- Guilty pleasures movies: Stuff with Natalie Portman...I think I have a movie crush on her. Hahahaha! Which is good for me this year because she has 5 movies in 2011. And had a bunch last year, so I'll be set!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I like americas next top model
    and Britney Spears (which is funny to see all her cds mixed in with my death metal and goth lol)
  • taso42_DELETED
    Options
    James Bond; Star Trek...

Those aren't guilty pleasure. James Bond and Star Trek are cool!
    And Doctor Who as well!
  • amyoliver85
    amyoliver85 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Okay...I also have another secret...my personal "pump up the volume" song is "Still the One" by The Orleans. So no knockin' the "cheesy" 70's music! hehehehe hahahaha

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    Guilty pleasures...this is more like secret shame for me, but here goes:

Trolling
    Anime and manga
    J-rock and J-pop
    Playing fighting games with the technical terminology of a hardcore enthusiast
    GameFAQs (ties in with previous statement)
    Being a total d-bag to strangers
    Watching House like it's an alternate life of mine
    Watching the History channel about the universe and ancient aliens and theories of that nature

ROFL @ GameFAQSs...

You didn't have to confess to being a troll :)
    That's all you would have had to say.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Teen Mom and wedding shows on TLC. :blushing:
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    OOOOOMG Jersey Shore and Gangster rap!

... as I sit here in my red wrap dress and black pumps :laugh:
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Although there are many who probably think I should, I do not feel any guilt for my pleasures xD
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    Although there are many who probably think I should, I do not feel any guilt for my pleasures xD

Awesome way to live!!!
    But we, those that sometimes don't want to admit on a daily basis we're actually as dorky as we are, like to pretend sometimes.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    A pleasure is the best when it is guilty.