I found this app on my phone!!

Options
I love this site so far! I first found it by searching apps on my phone (Sprint Evo - Android). Now, I cant imagine my life without having access to this on my phone. Its has totally added another level of motivation, inspiration, and convenience to my lifestyle.
I just logged onto the website itself for the 1st time today and am excited that there is a good support community here as well.
I've had a few health challenges the past year, and the doctor has suggested I go on a gluten-free diet. So that has recently added a whole new challenge - but I'm up for it!

I look forward to supporting one another to meet our health and fitness goals! Let's do this!

Replies

• lorirogs
    lorirogs Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I add all my food through my app, I love getting online on my computer to chat with people and get support! Good Luck
  • JDE1963
    Options
    Thanks! Good luck to you!
  • SyreetaJayne1
    Options
    Same here! i was looking for a calorie counting app and i found that myfitnesspal is so much more! welcome to the community :)
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Welcome thats how I found my way here also!
  • JDE1963
    Options
    Thanks Syreeta!
    How did you add the goals and info below your post?
  • BobL436
    BobL436 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great site, with great people, all looking to improve their fitness! Can't get any more motivational than that! :)

Add me if you want...

BL
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    That's exactly how I signed up for the site, was through finding it on my iPhone as a free calorie tracking app. The app itself is great since you can actually add foods with the nutrients to the database. Very convenient.
  • Alegria79
    Alegria79 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have found success with MFP because of the app on my iPhone...I've tried to log my food on a gmail doc (to have it online) but I wasn't great with it. But with the app, I can add stuff anywhere!

I've actually used the app to look up food in restaurants when I've been trying to decide what to order - so helpful!

Welcome to the MFP community and feel free to add me as a friend.
  • darclewis
    Options
    I love this site so far! I first found it by searching apps on my phone (Sprint Evo - Android). Now, I cant imagine my life without having access to this on my phone. Its has totally added another level of motivation, inspiration, and convenience to my lifestyle.
    I just logged onto the website itself for the 1st time today and am excited that there is a good support community here as well.
    I've had a few health challenges the past year, and the doctor has suggested I go on a gluten-free diet. So that has recently added a whole new challenge - but I'm up for it!

I look forward to supporting one another to meet our health and fitness goals! Let's do this!

Wow! I found this app on my iphone a couple of months ago and that's how I found out about the website. I've tried so many different diets that have failed. Ever since using this app, I've become more aware of the empty calories I was eating and making healthier choices. I slacked off because of Christmas and New Years, and got lazy for a bit after that but I've lost 5 pounds since getting back on track. I still have 140 to go but I know I can do it!
  • tanisha36
    Options
    welcome to the family!:happy:
  • SyreetaJayne1
    Options
    Thanks Syreeta!

Click on the "community" link, then "signature", then you can edit yours the way you want it. for the ticker, go to "tools", there you can select your own ticker, then copy the code and paste under your signature.
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Thanks Syreeta!

The goals we all have on there are part of your signature. You can edit that using the menu at the top of the message board (where it says, home, recent posts, etc.)

The ticker can be made from the home page if you click Tools, then weight loss tickers. If you want it on your profile, make sure to past the code into your signature. You can get the code from the ticker page under "get the code for your ticker." Be sure to use the code on the left.

Good luck with everything and welcome to MFP!! Everyone is very friendly and helpful. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like.
  • JDE1963
    Options
    Thanks Syreeta!
  • JDE1963
    Options
    Thanks Celo24
  • JDE1963
    Options
    Has anyone used the scanner feature on your smartphone (I have an Evo) that uses your camera to scan the barcode of whatever product you're eating?
    IT ROCKS!!!
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Has anyone used the scanner feature on your smartphone (I have an Evo) that uses your camera to scan the barcode of whatever product you're eating?
    IT ROCKS!!!

Hell yes it does!! I have an Evo too and I LOVE that scanner. It doesn't always have everything but it's good about 80 percent of the time.
  • JDE1963
    Options
    Celo - yes I also find it doesnt always work, but when it does ...
    wooohooooo!