Five month progress report. :)

Options
CoryIda
CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
Today marks five months on MyFitnessPal and I decided it's time for another progress report.

WEIGHT
Starting: 280.0 pounds / Current: 220.6 pounds
TOTAL WEIGHT LOST: 59.4 pounds

MEASUREMENTS:

Starting Hip: 54.0 inches / Current Hip: 45.5 inches
Loss: 8.5 inches

Starting Thigh: 32.0 inches / Current Thigh: 25.5 inches
Loss: 6.5 inches each, total 13.0 inches

Starting Calf: 19.5 inches / Current Calf: 17.5 inches
Loss: 2.0 inches each, total 4.0 inches

Starting Waist: 45.5 inches / Current Waist: 33.75 inches
Loss: 11.75 inches

Starting Chest: 51.0 inches / Current Chest: 45.5 inches
Loss: 5.5 inches

Starting Upper Arm: 16 inches / Current Upper Arm: 13 inches
Loss: 3 inches each, total 6 inches

Starting Neck: 15.5 inches / Current Neck: 14 inches
Loss: 1.5 inches

TOTAL INCHES LOST: 50.25 inches

I have a doctor's appointment in about a month to follow up on some (non-weight related) medications and I am actually looking forward to stepping on the scale then because the last time I saw the doctor, I weighed 50 pounds more than I do now.
I also look forward to being able to show her that my resting heart rate is now normal (I've had tachycardia for as long as I can remember) thanks to regular exercise, my blood pressure (which was never super high but also wasn't exactly ideal) is now perfect, and I am just a zillion times healthier than I was before.

I eat healthy foods (to include fresh fruits and veggies, whole grains, and lean meats), drink lots of water, and exercise. No magic formula... just consistent hard work.

I post progress pictures fairly regularly so there really isn't a need to do one now, but I feel like any post in the "success stories" section should have photographic evidence of the success, so here is a picture of me last Valentine's Day with my hubby and another from this V-day.
ValentinesDay.jpg

Replies

• NicolCook
    NicolCook Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!! Keep up the good work! You are looking fabulous :-)
  • SimonsGirl
    Options
    Holy **** well done thats amazing!:noway:
  • THISisTARRAN
    THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    :) You look great! Congratulations! You have done so well in these 5 months! I am so impressed.
  • MotorMowth
    Options
    Awesome! You look great! Keep up the hard work!
  • 2011EP
    2011EP Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Your progress is really, really awesome. Geez, you lost so many inches. That is like real, visible change. So excited for you!
  • MightyMae1
    Options
    Wow. That's very inspiring. What kind of exercise do you do? (Or, rather, what kind did you start out doing?) I'm just getting started!
  • Dhinkson
    Dhinkson Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! What do you do for exercise and how often? Great results!!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Wow. That's very inspiring. What kind of exercise do you do? (Or, rather, what kind did you start out doing?) I'm just getting started!
    I started out just walking around the neighborhood. Then I started doing Aquafit (water aerobics, but not the Silver Sneakers kind). Then I started swimming. Then I started doing the stationary bike. Then I started doing Zumba.
    Now, I do a BIG variety. Zumba, elliptical, stationary bike, treadmill, walking, jogging/running in little bursts (can't run for a long period of time yet but I can run-walk-run-walk-run-walk), hiking, and whatever else gets my body moving. I recommend starting with something you don't hate. Once you get in the habit of exercising, then you can add more challenging things.
    I also do strength training, though not enough of it. I'm really trying to work on adding it into my routine at least a few times per week.
    I usually exercise 6 days/week.
  • courtrptr13
    Options
    Congrats, that's some awesome progress! Keep up the great work. You look beautiful!
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    That's freakin' awesome!!!!!! You look so happy! GREAT job!
  • BwnEyedWifey
    BwnEyedWifey Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thats AWESOME!!!! You look great. You are an inspiration to all of us that need that boost. I know you keep me motivated... I will love to see the day that I lose 50 lbs! :)
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful and you are an inspration. I keep trying to keep up with you. I need to push a littel more :)
  • beautyqueen1979
    beautyqueen1979 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Stunning - before and after. You look amazing, I hope you are proud of all you have achieved - you WILL make your goal :flowerforyou:
  • cookingcriolla
    Options
    Wow, I can't see the pictures but what an amazing weight loss. I love coming on the Success page and reading so many success stories, it really is inspiring! Keep up the good work and good luck at your doctors visit.
  • cookingcriolla
    Options
    OMG I was reading your blog, what story about how you and your husband got together! I can't wait to read more.
  • noneya2010
    noneya2010 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    that's awesome! You look fabulous!
  • jennifir
    jennifir Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • essbe
    essbe Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome :) Go you!
  • MRudman
    MRudman Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Cory,

I just want you to know that you inspire me EVERY day when I read your posts and look at your food diary! (Yes, I look at it...lol) I am so excited for you that you have made so much progress. Keep up the hard work, and may it become easier and easier for you also!!!! :wink:
  • tanisha36
    Options
    Congrats....you look amazing! Keep up the good work;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!