Recommendations on meatless frozen dinners?

Options
I hate gristle and it never fails that when I break down & try another chicken entree, I end up with a piece of gristle and then I can't even finish it. Any recommendations for good meatless options - I like the butternut squash ravioli ones...

Replies

• Eskimopie
    Eskimopie Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I love Weight Watchers Smart Ones alfredo with broccoli. And Trader Joes has great bagged penne pasta with arabattia sauce (spicy marinara.) One bag is about 3 servings.
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    I just cut all frozen meals out of my diet. WAAYYY too much sodium. I suggest that.

I did, however, like the Smartones. All of their meatless ones are good (I should know...I had one everyday for lunch forever!)

But...without them, I lost a ton of bloat. I really suggest not eating them at all.
  • BirdsofaFeather
    BirdsofaFeather Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Amy's, though a tad high in sodium but not as bad as the others, I think. Everyone of Amy's frozen entree's are vegetarian.
  • RHOyalT
    RHOyalT Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Stouffers has a vegetarian lasagna that is delicious. It's so good that you don't even realize there is no meat!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I like the butternut squash ravioli too! and I agree, that meat was a little iffy, so I avoided it too. I like the healthy choice portabello mushroom marsala. Fettucine alfredo was a good too.
  • heatherfrancis
    Options
    I LOVE three cheese ziti marinara by Weight watchers -smart ones. It is by far the best frozen meal I have tried. I am also liking the healthy choice red pepper marinara pasta.
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Healthy choice steamers are THE best!! My favs are... Chicken marinara, chicken red pepper fettuccine, pineapple chicken and more! The are around 300 calories or less. They steam cook and I can definitely tell the difference vs. regular frozen meals that have a mushy consistency. The sodium varies but it never puts me out of range - you can check the database or my diary! I eat them like every day for lunch. Many state that they have reduced preservatives. They have been on sale at Target for $2 each.

So sorry! Not meatless... I'm a moron!
  • melbtrfly7
    melbtrfly7 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    lean crusine Sante Fe Beans and Rice is one of my favs :)
  • mhoch
    mhoch Posts: 50
    Options
    Amy's, though a tad high in sodium but not as bad as the others, I think. Everyone of Amy's frozen entree's are vegetarian.

I was also going to recommend Amy's frozen entrees. If sodium is an issue, many of their meals come in a reduced sodium option as well. I really like these because they do not contain preservatives or additives. I just frozen food, thats it! They are all vegetarian and many vegan as well.
  • Monisfit4life
    Monisfit4life Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Anything by Morning Star! I love their chicken patties, black bean burgers, etc.
  • katieseitz
    Options
    I just noticed a new kind of Smart Ones at the store yesterday and tried it today for lunch: "Pasta Primavera" (bowties in alfredo with broccoli carrots and peppers) and it was REALLY GOOD. In my experience you can't really go wrong with any of Smart Ones alfredo pastas. Their veggies are always great but their meats and red sauces are pretty hit or miss IMO.
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Healthy Choice Sweet Asian Potstickers are AWESOME!!! So yummy!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Kashi has some...the black bean mango and mayan harvest bake are awesome. I'm a vegetarian and these are the only two 'frozen meals' that I like.
  • mhoch
    mhoch Posts: 50
    Options
    Oh yea! kashi is good too! I like the 2 mentioned before as well as the tuscan veggie bake! Soo good! I sort of forgot about those for a while, going to need to pick some up soon!
  • kcbrig
    kcbrig Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I do like the Kashi ones. It's sort of hit or miss trying to find them without the chicken. And they're not so great when it comes to the chicken... I tried the Healthy Choice Tortellini Primavera Parmesan tonight. Pretty tasty. Just found out there is a much larger selection of the meatless options at my grocery store than were there previously - very good deal :) Not too worried about the sodium as it's just one meal per day.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I do like the Kashi ones. It's sort of hit or miss trying to find them without the chicken. And they're not so great when it comes to the chicken... I tried the Healthy Choice Tortellini Primavera Parmesan tonight. Pretty tasty. Just found out there is a much larger selection of the meatless options at my grocery store than were there previously - very good deal :) Not too worried about the sodium as it's just one meal per day.

Agh...you live in Atl. Okay...go to your local Publix and have them get the non-meat Kashi for you. They always do it for me (I also live in Atl). Also...Whole Foods/Harry's always carry the non-meat meals.