Low calorie adult beverages

Options
I'm going out of town for a weekend celebration with my friend who will be turning 40. There will be drinking involved and I don't want the calories to add up. Can anyone suggest a low calorie adult beverage? Thanks!!

Replies

• GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    this question is asked as much as the can we log sex as an exercise question!

Personally i like straight whiskey... but a good drink is Vodka Seltzer with a twist of lime.
  • gangstagirl625
    gangstagirl625 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    i like captian and diet coke. diet coke has 0 calories and 1 oz of my dear friend mr morgan only has 60 calories so with that being said i can go out and be social sip on 4 in an outing thats only 240 calories. so i use those 240 as my snacks lol
  • emadigan
    emadigan Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    The sweeter/fruit-ier (is that a word?) the drink, the higher the calories, generally. I would look up some of your favorites in the database so you will be aware beforehand and not horrified after.
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    We made up a drink called "Oh Schnapps" Slimfast and Peppermint Schnapps! LOL...I know its not realistic, but I think its would make a great low cal Mudslide!
  • bevyg
    bevyg Posts: 6
    Options
    try Ruby Red grapefruit juice with Vodka...also called a vodka grape. The juice is good for you, revs up the fat burning and is very refreshing too! And here's the best part- because the juice is so sour, you won't feel compelled to snack- nothing sounds good with it! No chocolate, no nuts, nothing. I love it! I'll have 1 or 2 drinks ( half shots) in place of my beer and the snacking has completely stopped! Good luck.
  • ramonaquimby
    ramonaquimby Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    i like to call this the silver fox:

1 1/2 ounce bourbon
    ice
    lime wedge
    2 ounces diet ginger ale
    splash of diet tonic..

so yummy!

whiskey soda with a lime.
  • orchid100
    orchid100 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    to be honest any spirit with low cal mixer/soda is the best plan ..... not nearly as many calories as beer, lager or some of the fruit mixes .... and it makes it easier to log.

Like one of the others said check your favs before you, pick one and log it as snacks ... you`ll be fine :)

Enjoy !!
  • jacobschwarz
    jacobschwarz Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    80 Proof Vodka and Diet Coke with Lime. 64 cals <<<<<My Favorite!
    80 Proof Vodka and Coke Zero. 64 cals
    Segrams 7 and Coke Zero 97 cals

Have fun!
  • kcarlson22
    kcarlson22 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have a few suggestions:

Bacardi diet coke, Vodka and soda water with lime wedge, Captain morgan diet coke, mandarin vodka and soda water with orange slice, dirty martini, red wine is 22 calories per ounce (usual pour is 6 oz)

As a general rule, basic liquors like Gin, vodka, rum are going to be the least calories. you can mix them with low cal mixers like soda water and diet soda, crystal light etc. A very common misconception is confusing tonic water and soda water. Tonic water is high in calories, Soda water is carbonated water and calorie free.
  • Yzfdude1
    Yzfdude1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    when people drink they think OMG empty calories, but that's only half the battle. Alcohol affects blood sugar, which in turn affects insulin levels. If you eat a meal then drink alcohol your insulin levels may be too high causing excess glucose levels in the blood to be turned into fat more quickly than you think.

But I love Vodka and Rockstar zero sugar zero carb is my favorite.
  • jacobschwarz
    jacobschwarz Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    GorillaNJ,
    Does it? Doesn't really matter in my case but you never know. 10 calories can make a difference!
  • Kris1974
    Options
    Mojito- A properly made Mojito has only 160 calories and 15 grams of sugar, and it is a tasty treat or a Bloody Mary- The classic Bloody Mary is only 150 calories and 10 grams of sugar. Or Rum and Diet Coke,
  • 0SimplymeStacyLea0
    Options
    Thanks for all of the suggestions- thinking I'll stick with vodka, diet tonic and lime :drinker:
  • antipholous
    Options
    There's not going to be a great one because alcohol is so bad for weight loss. Not only they very high in empty calories, but alcohol slows your metabolism, making it hard for weight loss to occur for up to 24 hours after heavy drinking.

That being said your best options are as follows:

Beer:

Miller 65 or Bud 55

Mixers:

Soda Water (not tonic)
    Water
    Diet Sodas

Liquor:

Vodka and the Whiskey family (Whiskey, Scotch, Bourbon) are your best choices

Mixed Drinks:

Cosmo
    Godfather
    Stinger
    Black Russian
    Martini
    Manhattan
  • jenkramer
    jenkramer Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    All I know is I want you all to be my friends. Cheers!
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I like gin and slimline tonic.
  • kate205gti
    kate205gti Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    1 glass wine (120cals) then lime and soda in the wine glass (28cals) :)