Coconut Water

Options
I recently heard about coconut water and wanted to get some views about it. I have read about it and am still not sure if it is something I want to start having regularly or not. I have read about how great it is supposed to be for us, but I have also read stuff from other people saying that it isn't any more beneficial than drinking a sports drink. Do you have an opinion or perhaps some further information for this coconut water 'newbie'?

Replies

• amyoliver85
    amyoliver85 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I don't think it tastes that good. I felt like I traded in too many calories for it without a lot of benefit. I would rather eat the number of calories and stick with water.
  • Awineburg
    Options
    HI!
    I personally like coconut water. It is good for your kidneys and apparently is is suppose to really hydrate you. I would avoid the coconut flavored waters and go for pure coconut water. Zinco has yummy kind and have different flavors including mango, it tastes sorta like a pina coloda
  • goodstarbuck
    Options
    I think it's not really any 'better' for you than a sports drink. It's just a matter of taste. Personally, I hate gatorade, but like the taste of coconut water.

If I'm feeling cheap, I make do with chocolate milk.