1200 calories a dayy!

Options
2»

Replies

123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    has anyone lost weight by eating whatever you want but not going over 1200 calories a day? e.g. eating how many grams of carbs you want. plus excercise most days.

Yes. Loosing weight is pretty much as simple as that. For example there was this guy: http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html ...You can loose weight eating pretty much whatever you want but eating 1200 of junk food will likely cause other heath issues if done for a prolonged period of time.
  • janack
    janack Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I do it that way. I eat whatever I want and keep it at 1200 calories and eat most of my workout calories. I am up a couple of pounds today but was bloated when I woke up this morning (my "friend" is visiting). Two days ago it said I had lost 16 pounds, LOL.
  • hardlyreal
    hardlyreal Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html

...not like I'm going on the Twinkie diet or anything, but it helps me put into perspective the "guilt" I feel about eating the occasional Girl Scout cookie (those tiny sugared sirens...). I've done the super strict diets before, and it just made the temptation of cheating so much more seductive, and I'd find myself binging on weird stuff I didn't even really like. This go around, I've limited my portions and calories and "cheat" within my caloric goals, sans guilt. And so far I've lost 7 lbs. But as for everything else, ymmv.
  • w031kmk
    Options
    I am on 1200 a day, and I pretty much eat what I want to stay under....but with that, it doesn't mean I am constantly eating fast food or chocolates but managing to stay under....but on special occasions or once or twice a week, I do grab fast food or eat that frozen pizza I've been craving...and I have lost 12 pounds so far (over a 30 day period). It probably should be taken into account, however, that I do workout typically 4-5 times a week, as well.
  • Katz85340
    Katz85340 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Yes. I lost about 25 but eventually had to cut out the unhealthy stuff. ;)
  • anna441
    anna441 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I am on 1200 calories/day since September 2010 plus work out..I have lost total of 32 lbs so far.

Few times I have gone over 1200 cal intake ...On the day when my cal intake is higer, then I tried to burn more calories compared to regular days...
  • thammond46
    Options
    If Calories in - Calories out = -3500 calories then you lose a pound. 2 McD's cheeseburgers, and a medium fry and a medium Coke will put you at about 1200 calories. As opposed to being able to eat healthy all day.
  • rachlmitchtl
    rachlmitchtl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've lost 17 pounds eating 1200 calories a day and working out about 4 times a week. I don't restrict myself to certain foods, but I do make sure to have three meals per day. It's really worked for me.
  • reasonablyvain
    Options
    There's a lot of chemistry behind it that isn't fully understood by doctors let alone me, but a calorie is NOT a calorie. From what I know avoid sugar ESPECIALLY FRUCTOSE (like corn syrup which is in anythingprocessed, really) although small quantities in fruits and veggies with fibre is fine, don't drink pop or even juice. Don't be afraid of fat, carbs have been shown to cause more weight loss per calorie, the simple ones spike your insulin

Not only that but some foods beg to be eaten in volume. You can eat bowls of sugary cereal and they will still taste good. Veggies, beans, that sort of thing? not so much. Have you ever eaten a 1/4 of an Oh Henry bar? No? How about a square or two of dark chocolate? I have.
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want when I want just in smaller portions. I log everything as soon as I can so I can see what I have left for the days calories. I am also set at 1200 a day. I do recomend the healthier stuff as this will not just have you lose weight but also make you healthier. I tend to only eat 100% whole wheat and try to eat healthier foods anyway. I did give up my pop as it was using way too many calories and there wasn't ever enouph calories left over to eat supper at the end of the day. I have been doing this almost a month now and have lost 8lbs. I know that doesn't seem like much but I know it is more likely to stay off this way. Doing it this way is kind of like doing it the weight watchers way. But instead of points you are doing calories.
    Basically you will lose weight but may still get or have high colesterol and high blode pressure and all kinds of other things. Healthy is always better and there are some great recipies on here from people that are healthy and taste really good.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!