No weight loss this week :(

Options
Today was my weigh-in day so I reluctantly got on the scale having a sense that I didn't lose any weight this week. I was right. No weight loss! Last weekend I went over my calorie goals both Saturday and Sunday - Sunday was especially bad. Could this have caused my lack of weight loss this week? I'm curious since I was right back on my plan on Monday and under my daily calorie goal every day this week. Any insight that anyone can offer is much appreciated. Thank you!

Replies

• cerysrhi
    cerysrhi Posts: 262
    Options
    there could be all manner of reasons why the scale didn't budge the weekend only being one of them the key is to not let it get you down pick yourself up and keep at it x
  • jram70
    jram70 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Don't obsess over it. Lots of things can make you stay at the same weight. I stayed at the same weight for almost a month (while losing in the measurements) but now it has started coming off again.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Unless you went over your calorie goal on 2 days the same amount total that you were under it on the other 5 days, I sincerely doubt that's what caused it.

Could most likely be water retention if your "bad" meals contained an overload of processed carbs and/or sodium or sodas (even the diet ones).

Stress, like stressing out over your weigh-ins, can also cause weight fluctuations.

I wouldn't worry about 1 week the scale not moving. Plateaus are usually noted after at least a month of the scale not moving. One week makes you human like the rest of us.
  • Smokechic
    Smokechic Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have found that when I have a bad weekend, I do gain come Monday. When I get back on track it usually takes me 3-4 days to lose that (depending on if I exercised). Nothing to be too concerned about. You went back on track and things are back to normal...good for you, keep up the great work.
  • spackham
    spackham Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Check this out
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/core_march_8.htm
    Title is something like obese on 700 cals a day.
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    A lot of times when I eat more than I should it usually includes really high sodium foods which makes me retain water. I can easily go up 4 pounds after a weekend of poor eating coupled with a few drinks. Just keep sticking to your plan and don't let a bad weekend get you down. Your body is going to adjust over time to the new and healthy way you're treating it. It's okay, just keep on trucking. If I am bad it's usually on the weekends so Friday mornings are my weigh in days - As far from the days I tend to go over as possible. You'll get there!
  • AngelUK1985
    AngelUK1985 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    dont worry too much sometimes i have bad days too and last week i gained a pound i was gutted but this week i lost 2 (trying to lose a lb a week)
  • bahrainbel
    Options
    having your period, makes you weigh more.
  • timidt
    timidt Posts: 13
    Options
    I had an excesive weekend the other week my weigh day is wednesdays and that week i had gained (shock Horror ;-) ) this
    week however i had lost double

So dont be discouraged it will shift the reason could be anything or nothing so dont worry your back on track think possitive
    Keep up the good work :-)