Chicken Recipes

Options
CuteMommy88
CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
Hey I eat a lot of chicken and I am so sick of all my boring chicken breast!! does anyone have any great healthy chicken breast recipes? (preferably under 200 cals per serving) Thanks!!

Replies

• mamastuck
    Options
    Honey Listen to me when I tell you to go to the Hungry Girl website I AM IN LOVE!!!!!
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I'll put a bunch of chicken breasts in a baking dish, add some water and cover with tin foil. Bake for about an hour to an hour and a half on 350. Then, sprinkle with any flavor of Mrs. Dash. About 120 cals. and you can have a variety from one bunch of chicken breasts. :)
  • kailibabe
    Options
    You can make chicken tacos

Boil your chicken breasts for about 20 minutes, let cool off a bit then pull the meat apart with ur fingers and put back in ur pot. Add ur water and taco seasoning then just use whole wheat tortilla shells, light sour cream, spinach instead of lettuce, little bit of shredded cheese, and some salsa (homemade) OMG it is soooooooooooo good and it feels like ur eating something really fatty.
    oh yea and refried beans too!
  • willowglimmer
    Options
    Greaseproof paper, 1 chicken breast per serving.
    Set the breast in the middle of a large square of greaseproof paper on a little olive oil. Add to the top of the chicken a dash of balsamic vinegar, a garlic clove chopped, some chopped onion and a tbsp or two of strong cheddar cheese. Bring the four corners up together and twist to make a bag/wrap. Place onabaking tray andcook in the oven for about 25 mins gas mark 5

You can do this with pork too add a little apple sauce :-)
  • NikkiWork
    NikkiWork Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Skinless/boneless chicken breast ...Fajita seasoning...liquid smoke...some garlic powder...your favorite salsa, make sure to watch the sodium and if it has sugar added to it...you can make this in the oven or on a grill...we love the grill one best! season your Chicken breasts with all above...bake at 350 for about 1/2 hr. check to make sure they are done, we put a little cheese on top (your favorite) and melt for a little bit & a dab of sour cream. We usually made some Mexican rice (low sodium) re-fried beans for the sides. Re-fried beans can be pretty high in sodium and fats so watch it. :) Hope you enjoy!
  • apfeiff
    apfeiff Posts: 39
    Options
    You can make chicken tacos

Boil your chicken breasts for about 20 minutes, let cool off a bit then pull the meat apart with ur fingers and put back in ur pot. Add ur water and taco seasoning then just use whole wheat tortilla shells, light sour cream, spinach instead of lettuce, little bit of shredded cheese, and some salsa (homemade) OMG it is soooooooooooo good and it feels like ur eating something really fatty.
    oh yea and refried beans too!

I've actually been eating homemade chicken tacos lately and I agree I LOVE THEM! I do use black beans instead of refried beans, so that's another option. I would forgo the sour cream. They are still super yummy. I didn't add salsa to mine, which if I had homemade salsa I SO would have! Instead I put cilantro on it and if you have a lime, spritz some juice over the chicken. Just in case you would like some alternate ideas....
  • VicentesWifey
    Options
    white chicken chili is super yummy plus lots of protein cumin, onions,garlic,bell peppers, pretty much whatever you like with your chicken and beans...watch your servings though..yum this is something my whole family loves
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Throw 5 or 6 chicken breasts in a crock pot and pour a 16 oz jar of salsa (I use hot) over the top and cook for 8 hours on low. Then pull it apart when there's about 30-60 min left. When it's done you have DELICIOUS spicey pulled chicken!! We put it over salad, in sandwiches and in wraps with stuff like spinach, black beans, peppers, ect. SO GOOD!
  • rinren84
    rinren84 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I like to use different seasoning mixes, here are some of my faves:

Oregano and Lemon (sometimes baked with a bit of reduced fat feta on top), serve with something green!
    Chile Powder, Oregano, Orange, and Garlic Salt (bake with slices of citrus and serve with broccoli, yum!)
    Lime, Garlic, and Red Pepper
    Fire Roasted tomatoes, dash of balsamic vinegar, italian seasoning, and chopped kalamata olives (optional)
    Honey and balsamic vinegar
    Soy Sauce, Ginger, Lime or Orange juice, Rice Vinegar , red pepper flakes, and tons of veggies with this like a stir fry. If you add a tsp of cornstarch to the sauce and coat the chicken and veggies at the last minute it works better.
  • emilytgs24
    emilytgs24 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    wrap it in phyllo dough with mustard and honey or anything else. Spray oil on it and bake at 400 for 20 minutes or until crisp! The phyllo dough add a little but it makes it seem pretty high class! :) Really good with salmon too!
  • mandalynne85
    Options
    bumping for later
  • RiverRatMom
    RiverRatMom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Bake your chicken breast, then cover with Cookies Wings-N-Things sauce (by the BBQ sauce). 10 calories per Tbsp. I crave chicken wings. This is the closest I can get while keeping calories as low as possible.

Another way I cook chicken breast, the Tyson frozen skinless, is to put frozen chicken breast in a pot, add water to just cover, add onion, thyme, rosemary, peppercorns, and any other seasoning that you like. Simmer for 20 minutes (4 breasts). The chicken is mildly flavored by the seasoning. The chicken is never dry or bland and will not be tough, if you don't overcook. Use the chicken in any number of ways, on a leaf salad, cube and add lite ranch dressing to make a chicken salad, toss with veggies and a low-cal salad dressing of your choice, add to cooked barley, etc.

I love ribeye and all beef. These 2 methods of cooking breast have helped me stay with chicken, cutting my calories significantly.