Pulled a back muscle, need to burn some calories. Ideas?

DrumlineGirl
DrumlineGirl Posts: 178 Member
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
I always find it hard to not eat too many calories when I DON'T exercise. I'm on a 1200 calorie diet, but usually burn about 600 calories working out so I really get to eat 1800. Anyways, I pulled a muscle in my back yesterday, it's on one side in the middle and hurts when I bend over to pick something up.

I'm having a hard time not going over my calories today and really need to eat some more, but that means I need to burn 200 or so calories. Any ideas for some cardio I can do at home that won't hurt my back? I know I need to give my back a rest, but I'm starving and need to eat then burn it off! I don't belong to a gym, but I do have an elliptical.

Replies

• Mike523
    Mike523 Posts: 393 Member
    I would go for a brisk walk.
  • rgunn02
    rgunn02 Posts: 169 Member
    Walking should help. If you find your back is sore after alternate ice and heat. Consider getting a heart rate monitor if you don't have one to ensure your calories are accurate.

Good luck!
  • Hi

I'm in the same position with back pain, the best thing is a 30 min walk which should burn about 150-200 calories, if you need to exercise at home try some yoga moves using only upper body moves without weights and this should burn 250 calories an hour.
  • LettyM62
    LettyM62 Posts: 130 Member
    I would go for a brisk walk.

From personal experience (way too many times!), even walking hurts.

I would say to give your back a rest...let it heal. You may do more damage by trying to burn calories through exercise. If you're talking about burning 200 cals or so... is the possiblity of further injury worth it? Eat more than your 1200 calories, but make them healthy and filling, such as fruit, vegetables or legumes.
This discussion has been closed.