I'm in desperate need of motivation!

Options
My name is Lori. A friend of mine told me about this site yesterday and I decided to join. In 2001 (long ago) I reached my goal of 137 lb but I gained it all back plus extra. I have no motivation. I need some ideas to keep me going. I did sign up for a dance class but it doesn't start for another 4 weeks.

Replies

• bushey101
    Options
    Look at my profile.
  • ESierra1978
    Options
    I use music as a motivater. I turn up the radio at home and can't can't help but dance along. It sounds like you enjoy dancing so give it a try.:happy:
  • hannahsaira
    Options
    try and picture how you want to look and then when you get the temptation to eat just think of that image. this is what I'm trying anyway...
  • lorikc
    Options
    I joined Zumba and I also have it for the WII . I just don't like exercising alone that is why I joined the class. I really appreciate all the replies. I know that I will really benefit from joining this site. Thank you all so very much.
  • lowpost42
    Options
    How to motivate is a tough question; the first hurdle is "what motivates you"?

For me, I needed to join a weight loss contest to get started - I had failed many times to "just do it", but now that I've got some of my own money on the line, I'm getting the job done!

The other thing I've promised myself is a special trip if I can keep the weight off for a year; a once-in-a-lifetime type of thing. I'll put $5 in a jar every week that I'm at or below my target weight (+5 pounds - Christmas is tough!) and if I'm successful I'll have the money for the trip in a year.

What motivates you? If it's money, make a bet with a friend (or enemy). Start an office pool.
    If it's competition, sign up for a race or other contest where your performance is impacted by your weight.
    Maybe the "special trip" is your thing - and the answer is to put money away every week you lose weight.

Good luck!
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Hi Lori, I'm Angela. I recently joined here myself and love it. There is so many supportive people and the food diary is great:) Good luck with your success and add me if you like and we can support on another. Have a great day:)
  • literaryshots
    literaryshots Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that. Hope you find your motivation here. The members are great, especially if you're having a tough day-or have hit a frustration point. Remember to just take things a day at a time, and that you are worth the time.