Help! The old me is coming back! Keep it away!!

Options
I was doing so good, seriously. Saturday I allowed myself a cheat meal that ended up being a cheat day because my husband decided he wanted raising cane's, something happened that day. Normally I'll allow myself to cheat, but not CHEAT. I don't allow myself cake and if I would DEFINITELY not a whole piece. So what is happening? Why did I allow myself to do that badly. Day before yesterday I had a whole meal's worth of snacks right before bed when i normally only eat a chocolate nugget.

Today was the worst. I didnt have time to pack food. and i officially CAVED. I ate what I wanted to an extent that it made me sick. I feel terrible. I have been having the worst day EVER. Fought with my hubby this morning and have been fighting with myself ever since. I'm not sure if its my hormones or what... whatever it is... needs to go away. I'm so upset I'm to the point of getting an exercist.

I need an old priest and a young priest. The power of Christ compels you!

Somebody just tell me that this will pass. I need to keep this up and this is the point when I normally can't keep it up. I always fall apart. Someone just tell me that you've been through this and you were able to tame your hunger monster!

Replies

• That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    You are in control.

You are the person steering your ship.

Take back the wheel.

You can do it :)
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    we've all been through it...stop and think how you're feeling right now...not so hot eh? now think back to how you felt after a good, sweaty work out...you felt like @ss but it was good @ss...think back to why you want to get healthy, post some pictures on your junk food cupboard of you at your biggest. All these things will remind you what you're doing...so you had a cheat or two...doesn't mean you just throw in the towel and eat your face off. Start with your next meal...do some push ups in your bedroom before bed...just get started doing SOMETHING.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day!

Don't beat yourself up. Personally, the occasional cheat helps my mental health. :)

Get up tomorrw, work out and start the day off right. It works for me when I start to feel that temptation to backslide.
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    I love feeling like good @ss.
  • SalsaFaye1983
    Options
    My god - believe me I know what you meant - I had a Mac D's because I was too tired to cook and OMG it was an ENTIRE DAYS worth of cals and over for just the one meal. Never again. But hey, like I saw someone say, we didn't put on weight for the sake of one day, or even a week. Just get back on the 'horse' and keep going, you can do it!

xxxx
  • gangstagirl625
    gangstagirl625 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    you can do it think about how hard you have worked dont quit know
  • MelleyJ
    MelleyJ Posts: 198
    Options
    It's okay... just pick yourself up and move on.
    I think the emotions stem from guilt, but you just have to let it go. It happened. Nothing you can do now?
    We all slip up at some piont. But the only thing you can do when it happens is take control and get right back on the bandwagon. Get in a good workout and do your best for it. Get back on track right away with the calorie counting and food diary.
    It's going to happen. Life happens.. food is social. But if you beat yourself up over it, you will convince yourself to quit. (Trust me!) Just get back on and know that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it. Make the decision right now to do better. If you really want it, you will find a way. If you don't, you will find an excuse! That's one of my favorite sayings. Remember your goals and why you are doing this. It will all come back to perspective and you will just get back on track!
    YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    You are in control.

You are the person steering your ship.

Take back the wheel.

You can do it :)

Amen. It's all up to you. If you're eating because you're starving maybe you need to be eating more dense foods like veggies and whole grains. If you're eating because you're bored, you need to teach yourself to do something else. You've had this behavior for so long, you need to take the time to teach yourself a new way of doing things. It's not easy but it is worth it.

Take it one day at a time, one meal at a time. You aren't a failure unless you stop trying!!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    It's human nature to indulge instantly gratifying urges.

"Eat it. Enjoy it. Love it. Track it. Lose it."

That's all. Just as long as your honestly owning up to what you're eating, it doesn't mean you can't have them. You just adjust the calorie intake for the day and/or work out a little bit harder the following days. No one can tell you what to do. It's all up to you.

My mentality is if I already know what it tastes like, I won't touch it. If I don't know what it tastes like, I'll literally get a sliver of it and taste. Then go back to eating my hearty, healthy meal or snack. I feel disciplined enough to be able to tempt the devil himself. Be that strong.
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Forgive yourself and move on.

I've had a fight with my partner when I was dieting and she wanted to make pizza for me. At the end of the day I ate the pizza but I let it go and continued the good fight the next day.

It can be hard when our partners don't get it but remember you need to maintain a healthy relationship as well as losing weight. Keep the balance and compromise *sometimes* :)
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I love feeling like good @ss.

haha me too...not the bad @ss where you're wondering if you can get up off the floor though...I've had a few of those lately. I hate lunges lol
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Yes good *kitten* is good!!

You will be okay we all have our bad days just remind yourself you can do this and jump back on track!
  • LittleBuddy13
    LittleBuddy13 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    That happened to me last weekend, what I did was forced myself to go to the gym, even though i ate horrible all dayand was sooooo lazy and bloated, I went to the gym and once I started I got pumped all over again, then I went home and looked up all the progress pics and success stories to get inspiration back, it actually helps and just remind yourself you dont want to be a grumpy person to others because of your own weakness, that will make u snap out of it....U can do it...It happens, just get back up real quick before u keep going and dont say your gonna start fresh tomarrow start now, go do 30 jumping jacks real quick, lol , I dunno Im weird exercise always gets me pumped and feeling better...hey atleast your realizing this and have the courage to step up about it:happy:
  • helenamonks
    Options
    Thank you all for being so supportive. You are all very right! I didnt put this on in one day, it won't come off in one day, and I won't gain it back in one day.

I think I just panicked. I'm a creature of habit. Either good or bad. For me there's a dense line between good or bad and I'm on either one side or the other.

Thanks again for your support! I really needed it!
  • candycana
    candycana Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Just a thought...I see lots of goals, but no rewards. Shoot, you've already lost 17 lbs!!! That's amazing! All of us here know how hard it is to get that scale to go DOWN! You're doing it! So you had some bad days. We ALL do. It's part of the journey. Old habits die hard. But maybe it will help if you can come up with some rewards to look forward to. I need to do the same thing. In other words...when you lose 20 lbs...maybe a new pair of shoes?

Mostly, don't let those old negative voices take over. You know the ones. The ones that say screw it....you'll never be skinny. Screw those voices!!! :noway: You're strong. :angry: You're committed. :mad: And you're going to lose this weight!!! :smokin: