BMR and Exercise Calories

Options
I'm sure this has been addressed before but . . when posting your exercises do you subtract or adjust your BMR calories from the number ? For instance, my BMR calories for the day is 1409 or approx 58 calories per hour if I were laying around doing nothing (according to the MFP BMR calculator). So say if I run for an hour and burn 500 calories, is my deficit really 500 or 500 minus 58 (442)? Am I over thinking this?

Replies

• Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Yes, I subtract 1 cal for every minute of my work out. I don't want to count them twice!
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I can never figure this out. That's why I got a BodyBugg lol
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I can never figure this out. That's why I got a BodyBugg lol
  • jcd708727
    Options
    I think you might be overthinking it. This whole calorie counting thing is not 100% accurate in the first place. If you were to use 10 differnet applications to figure out how many calories you burned doing a particular exercise, you would probably get 10 different answers... The whole goal here, really, is to get you to pay attention to how many (approximate) calories you take in and how many you (approximately) burn. It's really not an exact science. So if whether you subtract those 58 calories or not, you probably won't ever even notice the difference anyway.
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!