for the girls!

Options
Ladies,

I'm new at this, a lil over a week into it...I've lost 4 pounds and been exercising regularly. My period is 4 days late.....is that normal????????? I'm freaking out...

Replies

• 3LittleMonkeys
    3LittleMonkeys Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Standard question, is it even remotely possible you are pregnant?
  • cakeordeath
    cakeordeath Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    well mine was actually on time for once, after i started all this. i would take a test just to be sure. if you are 4 days late test in the am 1st thing and you will get the most accurate result
  • rockieschick
    rockieschick Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Ill say like the above comment...You pregnant?
    On another note I was 2 weeks early today......im also worried its because im exercising so much!
  • lizvanb
    lizvanb Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I've actually been spotting this week, I'm wondering if that has anything to do with my change in diet/exercise. Any thoughts?

(Forgot to mention I'm also on BC)
  • TaniaDronsfield
    Options
    I agree with monkeys if there is a possibility you might be pregnant check it out with a test, if not sometimes weightloss can slow it up I suffer from Severe Polycystic ovaries and have found the more weight I lose the more regular I get but I can be 3-4 days slow in getting my period on large weightloss weeks if you have lost alot of weight within a week up your water intake to help your period arrive sometimes when you lose water weight your body is dehydrated and cant get girly time started. hope this helps
  • JessG83
    Options
    Stress on your body from exercise can alter your period drastically. I was in the Marine Corps & during bootcamp there were a lot of variations on peoples response to the stress. Some girls had their periods every single day for the entire 3 months while others didn't have it even once. Some also stayed normal. You should def check to make sure you're not prego, but if not don't freak out. It is perfectly normal for your body to react in this way :)
  • JessG83
    Options
    Stress on your body from exercise can alter your period drastically. I was in the Marine Corps & during bootcamp there were a lot of variations on peoples response to the stress. Some girls had their periods every single day for the entire 3 months while others didn't have it even once. Some also stayed normal. You should def check to make sure you're not prego, but if not don't freak out. It is perfectly normal for your body to react in this way :)
  • kristy12379
    Options
    For the first two months of my weight loss my periods were nill to none then they picked right back up. I'm on BC too so they're always regular.
  • Briacha
    Briacha Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Well I'm married but have an IUD. I'm sure there is a chance, but I BETTER not me. Ill pray a lot.
  • MissyFit08
    MissyFit08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    When I exercise out the blue, my TOM gets bumped a few days late.then I know that's why I haven't gotten it and I know I'm not preggo. So, don't freak out. If you've been working out harder than you usually do, your body is going thru change and you'll get it in a few days. I know this girl who flew to Africa and stayed there for 2 months. She had her TOM before she left and didn't get it until almost a month after she came back! Nothing to worry about if your preg test is negative.
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I was just going to ask the same question. I am getting the depo shot to stop my TOM due to pain. I started exercising close to two months ago, really exercising. All of a sudden, after every workout, my TOM would come back for a few hours along with cramps. I figured it was the working out that was doing it but am not absolutely sure.
  • Grace76
    Options
    Exercise and change of eating habit changes your hormone levels. It would make sense that your cycle would change. I am always on time but I noticed my last one was a bit longer but it was much lighter.

Take a test though if you're really concerned.
  • Briacha
    Options
    Thank You everyone Today my "friend" came to visit and I am VERY PLEASED! I was getting nervous....
  • MissyFit08
    MissyFit08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    hallelujah!! :laugh:
  • HW2Hottie
    Options
    In the same boat, married with Mirena. My cycle has been WAY off since I started working out heavy. I would check to be sure though.
  • Briacha
    Options
    It's a dooooozy one too. ugh, but I'm not complaining :tongue: