Day 3 of absolutely NO alcohol...

Options
And holy crap do I notice a difference in my energy level! I was up and working out on my elliptical for an hour this morning and then showered and did a load of wash all before the kids got up! I've been doing stuff all day and even though I'm craving a glass of wine right now I'm not going to give in! I want to see if forgoing alcohol (even a glass of wine) will increase the speed of my weight loss. I sure hope so!

Replies

• 3LittleMonkeys
    3LittleMonkeys Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Good for you!

I gave up alcohol for the most part March 2010. I have had maybe a sip or two of my husband's drink. But that is it for nearly a year.
  • katbass
    katbass Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Great job! I was in the same position at the beginning of the year and I am feeling GREAT, and it DOES pick up the weight loss considerably!
    Good luck, and keep it up! You wont regret skipping the wine! :)
  • hbmcracer
    hbmcracer Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Good job!! I used to have 2 or 3 beers every night or almost every night, but in the last couple months I've only had beers on the weekends. I definitely feel better throughout the week and have less headaches than I used to.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Good for you!

I gave up alcohol for the most part March 2010. I have had maybe a sip or two of my husband's drink. But that is it for nearly a year.

Did you notice it was easier/faster to lose the weight? Congrats on your weight loss!
  • lisy28
    lisy28 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Congrats im going to try this weekend not drinking (as i usually only drink on the weekends) I hope i see a difference as im getting a little dishartened :~(

Good luck to you
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    Old school regarding alcohol = 1 drink per week.
  • theresalizotte
    Options
    Hi there any form of alcohol even wine is empty calories. Calories with no nutritional value to them. So what you are doing is great and my advice is you keep uo the good work. :smile:
  • MkVsTheWorld
    MkVsTheWorld Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    If I were you, I would make sure to treat yourself in some fashion. That way, you don't just crack one day and have a whole bottle of wine :-).
  • 3LittleMonkeys
    3LittleMonkeys Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking at the same time I started my weight-loss/healthy lifestyle journey.

I catch myself saying "Oh a glass of Chardonnay would be so good right now." Then I say "Nah. Maybe some other time." LOL