Filling food about 200 calories?

Options
We had pasta for dinner, and now I am hungry again! Very hungry. I am looking for something filling around 200-250 calories. Any thoughts?

Replies

• odaatsue
    Options
    My favorite thing: cut up fresh vegetables until I have roughly 200 calories worth (I also like to include some fresh greens: kale, chard, spinach, etc) and then steam/toss them around in a hot pan until they are just they way I like them. Then I mix up some Whole Foods Low Fat hummus with my favorite fresh salsa and top the veggies with that. For me: OMG. And believe me - it's a nice big plate of good and healthy food!

:heart:
  • Monisfit4life
    Monisfit4life Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I like greek yogurt and fruit. Apples and 1 tbsp of peanut butter. Apple and string cheese. These are all less than 200 calories. As long as you add protein to something you will be full.
  • SeaShell33
    Options
    oatmeal
  • yalisa0424
    yalisa0424 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Apple slices with PB...Yummy!!
  • jaxcpotter
    jaxcpotter Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I like to keep cooked spaghetti squash on hand for such occasions. 42 calories per cup. Add to garlic browned in 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil for some great flavor.
  • Curves73
    Curves73 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I love Almond milk- I warm it up. It is the last thing I have every night. Yummy
  • jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    Options
    almonds 28 for 170 very filling
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I like to make my own salad with half a head of romaine or red leaf lettuce, chopped whole red and yellow or orange bell peppers, 2 - 3 oz of portabello mushrooms, 4 oz of cauliflower, all seasoned with a little pepper, salt free seasonings like Mrs. Dash, some ground cinnamon [sounds weird, but adds a variety of complex flavors when put together], 2 tbsp of fat free ranch mixed with some mustard [flavor of your choice, but I like using Grey Poupon Mild and Creamy] and a little horseradish. It's all raw and when put together, it comes out to about 200 calories or less. VERY filling.
  • sfootman
    sfootman Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    1. 2 cups hot air popped pop corn (approx 61 calories) and an apple
    2. "" "" "" "" and a grapfruit or grapes
    3. "" "" "" "" and 2 tsp of peanut butter
    4. almonds and fruit
    5. scramble an egg - large abou t 90 caloireswith salsa or hard boiled egg with veggies
    6. sweet potato 130 to 160 caloires (in the microwave) with deli turkey

The key is to always have something either fixed or in your fridge so you can just grab it (instead of something else tempting especially when your hungry :)
  • mumma2boyz
    mumma2boyz Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I swear by the kashi chewy granola bars (140 cal). One of those with a clementine (30 cal) will keep you satisfied for awhile. Lots of whole nuts; grains; and fiber.
  • eshipp86
    Options
    chobani's greek yogurt always does it for me!
  • derbygirl90
    Options
    Next time use spaghetti squash instead. Huge difference in calories and very filling. nd it's in season right now!