Sweet tooth in need of some serious extraction...

Options
Hi Everyone,

I have a really bad sweet tooth and I just want to know what anyone else who has one does. I have roommates that have Valentine's candy around and it's making it really hard :ohwell: I know if I could get this figured out I would shed weight no problem.

Thanks

Replies

• p1xelate
    p1xelate Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I have a MAJOR sweet tooth! My favorite fix is keeping a bag of chocolate chips in the freezer. When I can't kick a craving I grab 4-6 chips and let them melt in my mouth. Because they are frozen they take longer to melt and usually around 4 is enough to kill the craving. Way better than caving and eating a whole candy bar or all my daughter's Valentine's candy :)
  • cmosby09
    Options
    I like the 100 calorie Klondike bars...icecream AND chocolate YUM!!
  • vzepol
    vzepol Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I also have a major sweet tooth and cannot pass up dessert. I keep sugar free pudding and ice pops on hand for the occasional snack. When the craving hits there is nothing like a piece of dark chocolate.
  • togden
    togden Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I love my sweets and refuse to deny myself ... I like 2 double stuffed oreos for 146 calories and I also love the weight watchers ice cream products and cakes .... However I notice having them in my house and readily available I eat them much slower

Oh and there is a great brownie recipe someone posted that is delicious too ....

Ingredients:
    1 (18.3ounce) box Betty Crocker Fudge Brownies Traditional Chewy Brownie Mix
    2 cups canned pure pumpkin
    2 tbsp reduced fat peanut butter, at room temp

Preheat oven to bake 350.

Combine Pumpkin with brownie mix in a large bowl and stir until smooth ( batter will be very thick, but don't add anything else)

Spray a square 9X9 baking pan with nonstick spray and poour in the mixture. Spoon peanut butter on top and use a knife to swirl around on top of the batter. Bake for 35 minutes. ( The batter will remain very thick and fudgy, and it should look undercooked. Allow to cool.

Cover pan with foil and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Cut into 36 squares.

Serving Size : 1 piece: 65 calories; 1g fat; 57mg sodium; 14g carbs; 1g fiber; 9g sugars; 1g protein
  • llstrength
    llstrength Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have a serious a sweet tooth problem also. My biggest temptations are chocolate and ice cream. To help me, my husband challenged me. If I can go 5 months without chocolate and ice cream, I get $150 to spend on anything of my choosing AND a waxy treatment for my hair that makes it all soft and shiny!

When I really need something sweet, I've been reaching for fruit. I never realized how sweet fruit was until I stopped eating artificially sweetened things.
  • melissatacker
    melissatacker Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean, my hubby got me a bunch of See's candy for Valentine's Day...at 60 calories a piece I am only having 1 piece a day. The rest of the time, if I want something sweet I just have an Apple/Cinnamon rice cake only 50 calories and has a sweet flavor and it takes the edge off hunger :)
  • sfootman
    sfootman Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Please get Dark chocolate !!

and

Also if you get Yoplait fat free yogurt and put it in the freezer they are delicious and they are under 110 calories!!! Take them to work and do this as well.

Eat slowly!
  • lisapisa1
    Options
    Snicker's mini ice cream bars, toasted Arnold's Sandwich Thin with 1/2 serving of peanut butter and a chopped up chocolate kiss on each side, skinny cow ice cream, archer farms (target's store brand) fruit strips....hahaha i have the worst sweet tooth ever and refuse to completely deprive myself. I want to make a lifestyle change and it's not reasonable to never eat sweets again. so moderation is the key :) i try to switch it up for fresh fruit occasionally to be a little healthier
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    core & peel and apple, slice it, sprinkle lightly with splenda & cinnamon. bake for about 30 minutes or till soft
    you can eat it like that or top it with some greek yogurt is really good
  • KokomoJoe
    Options
    I make raw treats using cacao powder. I sweeten with raw agave. I always feel natural sugars are better than the refined sugars.
  • stephaniepill
    Options
    South Beach makes a few 100 Calorie snacks that are quite satisfying. A few of my favorites include the dark chocolate covered soy nuts, and chocolate/chocolate and chocolate/cherry nougat inside. Also, if sugar free jello and sugar free/no sugar added fudgesicles are good. Additionally, dannon light & fit yogurt in some of the yummy flavors (caramel, cheesecake, etc), seem to fill the need for me. Fruit is also a good option - berries are lower in sugar, but they taste really sweet. Last night, my husband and i had strawberries, with four tablespoons worth of Reddi Whip Cream and a sprinkle of unsweetened cocoa powder; it was a real treat! Hope this helps.
  • britt_fit
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone! You've been helpful and have thought of things I didn't :smile: