Need some encouragement :-(

GufoBianca
GufoBianca Posts: 41
edited September 24 in Motivation and Support
So just last week, I was feeling amazing! Looking and feeling thin....well this week, I literally look 20lbs heavier! My stomach looks massive. I about cried in the changing room when I was trying on a new bra...My diet hasnt changed...ive been busting my rear in the gym...I even upped my calories by 300 to accomodate for being more active as I was told to....TOM is coming next week, but could that really be it? I look and feel gross. I feel so defeated. I liked what I saw in the mirror just last week, and now I feel a bit like Jabba lol. Can water retention bloat me that much? :-(

Replies

• ABSOLUTELY!!! IF TOM is coming next week... you are retaining water/fluid plus I know when I am coming up to that time I feel like crap and I may not have gained any weight.... BUT I look HUGE in my eyes. Don't get discouraged keep truckin along and you will be back to normal after next week! good Luck
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    It's probably all in your head-bad day, bad lighting, I am sure you did not gain 20 lbs of water OR fat. Avoid mirrors until you're in a better space and give yourself credit for all your hard work. Keep it up!
  • that's just this week, I'm sure it will go back the way it was...bloating is evil...lol
    just be encouraged if you are working hard it is working
    FYI - you will need to change your diet if you want really BIG results
    exercise is only 20 percent of it
    diet is 80 percent...that's a huge part of it
  • Im pretty sure it is TOM if its not diet, becausr I eat super healthy 90% of the time...veggies, fruits, if I have bread, its always whole wheat...idk, bloating really is evil, lol. I absolutely hate it! I just cant believe how much it can change your body :noway:
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    I have never heard it called TOM before I always call it Aunt Flow. But any ways yes it could be your demon but it also could very well have been the mirror you were using. Dressing room mirrors suck big time. Give it till TOM is gone and then look at yourself again. Don't weigh yourself either till then. Just be careful with your diet and take care of yourself.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Sounds like water also you may want to go gluten free, that'll help to elimanate bloating after eatin foods. I've noticed especially with pasta and bread that my stomach appears to be bigger after eatin it. Gluten free products elimenate the bloat and are much healthier. Just a thought.
  • Where do I look for gluten free items?
  • I completely understand what your talking about. Last week I felt great and this week feels horrible :( I honestly think it is the water retention. Dont give up hang in there. I'm down to cause I've lost 14 lbs and no one has noticed anything. I want to see big changes. I've changed my diet and have added exercise. Waiting impatiently to see results.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Most definitely could be water! Down some straight lemon juice... does WONDERS!!!
This discussion has been closed.