Hey FitnessPals!

Options
Tryin this to see how well it works for me! Lord knows I need all the help I can get! lol. I have found I seem to do better with that accountability, sooo I have surrounded myself with it! I am seeing a weight loss nurse practitioner (seems bad to call her my fat doc since she's bout a size 2! lol), cardio 30-90 min a day depending on whether there is a class goin at the gym (btw...i think i tend to channel Lucille Ball during Zumba...not pretty), 30 min strength training with a personal trainer (course I just started that and am ashamed to say that my first class was only 15 min of upper body ex cause I almost passed out...yes...you are right...what a weenie), and am eating 1200 calories (such a shock the first day...calculated it after breakfast...bout 500 cal for breakfast...definitely had to redo that one! lol). I work out with a friend from work so it makes it hard to slink off the elliptical after only 5 minutes cause my quads are screaming they need ice cream...

Why, oh why couldnt I have done this in my 30s?! Once I hit 40 my metabolism seemed to hit 0! Very frustrating when I work, work, work and th scales just laugh. Would love to connect with some other women in the area (or not...online friends are great accountability too!) who can relate to my struggle!

Replies

• Natacia28
    Natacia28 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Were in the same boat hun.....hopefully we can encourage each other :smile:
  • deenals
    Options
    Yep--turning 40 definitely means no more metabolism (actually, I think it started at 30!!!) Lulumsg--love your post, your honesty & humor! I am new to this site as of yesterday. Logged in my breakfast, lunch and then nothing else--was already over on calories so figured why bother. Some weeks I am better at exercising than others (mostly not so good!) Accountability sounds like just the motivation I need at this point (am currently thinking that I might just pig out this weekend and start on Monday!) Hope we can help each other--my future posts won't mention any sugar binges, promise.
  • lulumsg
    Options
    deenals I do understand about the going over part! Today was my first log in and I'm about 47 grams over on protein (dang...how did I do that??) and under on everything else! who woulda thunk it?! I sure wouldnt have realized it if I hadnt logged all that in today! And of course I chose today to NOT exercise! lol. Not sure how this accountability thing works but I know you shouldnt beat yourself up about it! If you are serious just pull urself up by your shoelaces and keep plugging away! You can do it! It just takes a lot more thought and time than we are used to investing in our food choices! I'm sure it gets easier! These first few logs are like diagnostic tests...they show us where our strengths and weaknesses are! We cant fix what we don't know is broken! Log those dingdongs! They might not look so good next time you reach for them! lol. Tomorrow we start with a clean slate!
  • deenals
    Options
    To clean slates tomorrow!! Thanks so much for your kind words of encouragement! I like that -- yeah, "diagnostic tests" the first few days. Good way to put it! Guess I'll have to log that coney dog I had for dinner tonight--but at least I balanced it with acorn squash instead of fries! Wish me luck on my endeavors at Big Boy tomorrow--seriously, I have to meet my Mom there tomorrow!
  • lulumsg
    Options
    G'luck!! You can do it!! Even if you don't eat perfect you can make some good choices!