14 Things to do with Greek Yogart

Options
Saw this article on weight watchers online....gave me some good ideas...thought I would share..
Don't relegate this creamy treat to the breakfast table. Here's a bevy of uses for this delicious and versatile ingredient.

Sure, it’s good as a breakfast food. But Greek yogurt, with more protein and richness than other yogurt varieties, is great for way more than just making a parfait.

Here, WeightWatchers.com staffers share their favorite uses for the versatile ingredient.

1.Add chopped cucumbers, dill and a pinch of salt for a quick Greek tsatziki.

2.Instead of milk or sweetened yogurts, toss some in your smoothie for a thicker texture.

3.Try it as an alternative to heavy cream when making alfredo sauce for pasta.

4.Mix with chocolate syrup for an easy fruit dip for a party platter.

5.Add a pinch of salt for a rich substitute for sour cream.

6.Stir in to a puréed vegetable soup to add thickness and protein.

7.For a simple frozen yogurt, add chopped fruit and sweetener and put it in the freezer.

8.Use it instead of mayo in chicken, tuna and egg salad to drastically cut down on PointsPlus™ values.

9.For a quick dessert, stir in light jam, raspberries, raisins, cinnamon or shredded coconut.

10.Use it as a frosting for cake or cupcakes. Just add vanilla or almond extract and a bit of sweetener.

11.Add spices and a bit of milk for a quick, guilt-free, creamy salad dressing.

12.Try as a pre-grill marinade for chicken or lamb: a bit of yogurt, za’atar, lemon zest, pepper flakes and a pinch of salt.

13.Add horseradish to make a fish or shrimp dip.

14.Mix it with skim milk and use instead of buttermilk for pancakes.

Replies

• 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    bump
  • loriefolk
    Options
    Thank you! I just bought some and was wondering what I could add in to it! You ROCK for posting this!!
  • rmeadows71
    Options
    thanks for posting!
  • pcallahan1976
    Options
    I love this, thank you! I was thinking last night what to put as a substitute for mayo in tuna fish. I like the other ideas as well. Thanks again!
  • boobee32
    boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I know...I bought some greek yogurt and mixed with salsa once for a bit of dip for my crackers...and other than that...I had no clue what to do with it....
    lots of interesting things in the article...
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options
    Love it!! Thanks for the ideas. I love Greek Yogart. I will definately use some of these.
  • alexhage
    alexhage Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you i have turkish yogurt (assuming its pretty similar) at home and all i ever do with it is either i toss some spices in it or garlic and ketchup to make some sauce for chicken. I will definitly try some of these out.
  • CeejayGee
    CeejayGee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Adding upon your list, tonight I got a container of Yoplait Greek Yogurt and added 1/2 a pack of hidden valley ranch mix. Super yummy, creamy ranch dip for about 150 cals for a 6 ounce container.)

Dip veggies, pretzels, etc and a yummy snack :)
  • melkneec
    melkneec Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • Coyotemama
    Coyotemama Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting these great ideas!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I'm going to make some Greek yogurt probably next week. Thanks for these tips!
  • valbar61
    valbar61 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    bump
  • aeevr
    aeevr Posts: 34
    Options
    You know, from what I've heard, yogurt with active cultures is an effective treatment for yeast infections... taken internally... and I don't mean by mouth.

LOL
  • Casi23
    Casi23 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • MMK72
    MMK72 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I love it!

USE IT INSTEAD OF SOUR CREAM IN SOUPS AND ON MEXICAN!!!!!!!!!

AND MIX IT WITH VANILLA PROTEIN POWDER TO MAKE CREAM FOR A TASTY DESSERT OR TO GO WITH FRUIT OR PUDDING!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,226 Member
    Options
    Great ideas. I will have to try some of them out.
  • vitosbud
    vitosbud Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    Options
    Bump