feeling a bit envious....

Options
I've lost 14 pounds since June 18.. for which I was feeling really great.
My best friend and her daughter started Dr. Bernsteins the second week of August and my friend has lost 38 pounds and her daughter 30. Because I have at least 75 pounds more to go I am feeling really frustrated and well I admit envious whenever I am with them. I am starting to get down on myself. I know in theory that losing it slow is better than fast...I guess I just need some advice and a shoulder or two ...feeling a bit sorry for myself..
:huh:

Replies

• Lifeisgood2008
    Lifeisgood2008 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I've lost 14 pounds since June 18.. for which I was feeling really great.
    My best friend and her daughter started Dr. Bernsteins the second week of August and my friend has lost 38 pounds and her daughter 30. Because I have at least 75 pounds more to go I am feeling really frustrated and well I admit envious whenever I am with them. I am starting to get down on myself. I know in theory that losing it slow is better than fast...I guess I just need some advice and a shoulder or two ...feeling a bit sorry for myself..
    :huh:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    *pats her shoulder* Here ya go sweetie!!

I've said it many times that I lost 30 pounds in about a month on South Beach. It does have a lifestyle to it, and it is possible to live on it........but i dare ya to fall off that wagon and try to get back on! Not only that, but I gained ALL 30 pounds back with a few friends. And my metabolism and body refuse to respond to that "diet" any more.

You stick in there, baby! And watch, two years down the road when their fad diet isn't working any more but your life style change is, I betcha they'll be asking you how you did it!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Hey the faster you take it of the faster it comes back on. Doing it right is worth it.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    When I did Atkins about 9 years ago, I lost 37 pounds in 6 weeks. Went off it, gained back those 37 plus about more.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    While I have no clue what Dr. Bernstein's is, I want to emphasize that you are losing weight the smart way. You won't be envious when they quit their plan and quickly gain all that weight back.

Remember the tortoise and the hare.
    Slow and steady wins the race!!
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Do it slow TRUST ME I have lost weight in my life in every way and have only kept it off (been at my current weight 6 years well one pregnancy in between but went right back) with exercise and eating right. I have tried diet pills in high school (I was a figure skater and had to stay smaller than where my body wanted to be) WHICH DIET PILLS WORKED UNTIL YOU STOP THEM then wow does it come back faster and more weight. Then did low carb no carb, I had tried everything. What you are doing is the right way for a fit lifestyle forever. No more losing weight for a wedding or reunion, because when those things come you will already be ready for that dress, while your friends our trying the next fad diet. I have a sister who did low carb before a vegas trip and she looked great. Well after a week of eating bad she gained and it showed crazy how fast weight goes on when you lose it too fast. Hope that helped:wink:

Alisha
  • Lifeisgood2008
    Lifeisgood2008 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody...I really appreciate all your input and great thoughts.
    :blushing: