Be a turtle

Options
A lot of people have inspired me lately with their dedication and it occurred to me, I want to be the turtle.

We've all heard of the tortoise and the hare. Slow and steady wins the race. Sure, losing 0.3 lbs after a weeks worth of work isn't what we want to see but guess what? 3 more weeks of that and you've lost over a pound.

Being the rabbit doesn't work. We've all tried it with our quick fix diets and too good to be true diet plans. Being the rabbit got all of us no where. (unless you count 5 lbs heavier and binging an ideal place to be!)

So the next time you are sweating, craving cake and wanting to quit, remember to be the turtle. Remember that taking it day by day will get you there. Going little by little will help you to win your race. You want to be the turtle, the turtle is the one who inspires the story anyway.

Maybe it sounds silly but, be the turtle! Slow and steady takes the weight off....for good!

Replies

• OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Like I tell everyone who feels discourage or low...It's not a race to see who can loose the most in such little time. I love this post - keep bein' the Turtle you'll get to your goals :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • jamielr84
    Options
    Great post! I want to be the turtle!
  • Chris_Boron
    Chris_Boron Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks ...I needed this!!!
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Exactly what I needed to hear this morning.
    Thank you.
  • BuceesNana
    BuceesNana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    That is really a great way to look at this. I was feeling kind of down because I have only lost .8 lbs in 2 weeks, but if I'm a tutrle, that is an awesome amount. Slow and steady wins the race. :)
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Wheres the like button when you need it?
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Great post!! Thanks for sharing.
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Turtle!
  • mjd0109
    mjd0109 Posts: 152
    Options
    :) I'm so happy that I helped yall!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    I am a turtle. It's taken me since October to be where I am today. Slow, but sure.
  • Rappla88
    Rappla88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm a turtle and proud of it!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • exercisesucks
    Options
    I loooooovvvveeee being a TUUURRRRTTTTTLLLLEEEE!!!!!! (look it up)