Has Anyone Returned to the Old Weight Watcher Programs

Options
Have you tried the Pointsplus Program and found it difficult to follow and returned to your previous Weight Watcher Program? I've returned to Momentum today.

Replies

• georgiagorwell
    Options
    I used to do weight watchers and one week the lady's children came with her and they were both 6-8 years old and OBESE! I didn't go back after that and I couldn't respect anything she said.
  • CoachsWife4
    CoachsWife4 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Pita,

I used the old program several years ago and LOVED it! My s-i-law used it last year to lose over 80 pounds. She switched to PointsPlus before Christmas and has gained back around 10 pounds following it. She just told me Monday that she thought she was switching back, even though her points app on her iPhone wouldn't change over. She has not been pleased...

GOOD LUCK!
    j.
  • dkiles
    dkiles Posts: 45
    Options
    I was glad to find this web site vs. paying money to go some where. I feel like I get everything I need on this site. I get tons of motivation and accountability and it's free. I love when I post my food and exercise for the day and it tells me that if I keep this up in five weeks I will be a certain weight. That gives me a lot of hope.
  • genevaturtle
    genevaturtle Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I've been following WW for over a year and lost 17 lbs. Once they switched to the new Points Plus, at first I lost but had trouble using all the points, rarely touching a weekly point unless I went out to dinner and indulged. I am discouraged with the new program and cosidering tracking my points just on my own as the old Momentum just adding a few extra points as I am near goal weight. Good Luck!
  • abuddi
    Options
    I totally agree. This website has definitely given me the motivation to get back on track. I did do the WW two years ago, but wasn't sure if I wanted to try the new one. It just seemed more cumbersome.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    PitaPocket:

I am a WW Lifetime member. :smile: As you can see I am now on the calorie counting program which I love
    because it makes me accountable for everything I put in my mouth :tongue: I went back to the WW program
    a few months ago with no success. I guess my heart wasn't in it and I didn't like the program which you mentioned.
    I left and started this site. I have lost 16 pounds so far and I am still going. I joined in July 2010 and the people
    here are supportive and going through the same things we are and writing about it. Good Luck on your program
    whichever one you choose. Whatever works for u is the way to go. :flowerforyou:
  • sophie2008
    Options
    I signed up with WW about 7 months ago and i only lost 6.8 lbs. I know a loss is a loss, but when Im paying every single month i want to loose more than .4 and .5 a week. I was disheartening sometimes for me to pay and not loose anything and I would track religiously!.

Then I found MFP and was estatic. I dabbled with both for a while. I tracked with both systems. I find MFP easier to use, I get support and it is free. AND I love all of the B/A. I gives me such inspiration to keep going. I have since cancelled my membership with WW. Im not saying I havent learned from WW. It works well, just not for me.

I have been steady tracking only with MFP for the past 2 weeks and I have all ready lost 2 lbs in 2 weeks! I'm staying here! I LOVE IT.
  • pitapocket
    pitapocket Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Thank you for taking the time to reply. I have been tracking on this site for over a year, but at the end of the day I convert my calorie intake to points. I'm a lifetime member of Weight Watchers, I obtained by goal weight by doing the Momentum Program. When the new program PointsPlus started I found that I was slowly gaining weight and I was eating more calories which was easy to see by using this website. I've gone back to Momentum Program and continue to use this site for calories watching.