I need some dinner help

mbeth21
mbeth21 Posts: 16
edited September 24 in Food and Nutrition
I'm doing really well with breakfast, lunch and snacks - but when it gets to dinner I completely blow my calories. I work 2 jobs, waitressing 3 nights a week. So those 3 nights I don't get a chance to eat until I get off my shift (depending on the day that could be 9, 10, 11 at night). I try to eat a 100 calorie snack before I go, but that doesn't really hold me - and I don't have time to eat anything else between jobs.

Any tips on quick and easy mini -meals for that time of night? I hate ordering something from the resturant (not the healthiest) or ending up in the drive thru.

Replies

• http://400caloriesorless.com/

find meals that you can premake and freeze, for example soups, ect and that you just have to reheat. Will save you time and calories :)
  • terpgirl23
    terpgirl23 Posts: 9 Member
    Do you have a little lunch cooler you could carry? My new favorite is a parfait - greek yogurt, fruit (blueberries are my thing, nowadays) and 1/4 to 1/2 cup of Kashi Go Lean cereral. less than 350 calories, delicious and filling!

Peanut butter and banana sandwiches? (Other nut butters might have higher nutritional value, but I can only eat peanut butter).

I have bought a little cooler to keep in my car to pack healthy snacks and it was one of the wisest investments I've ever made.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    You will not be able to make healthy lifestyle change if you are not eating 6 small meals a day. When you don't get a chance to eat, you then become very hungry and will most likely overeat. You have to just plan ahead. Plan ahead and write out a menu, write a shopping list, get to the store adn buy it all, and then prepare. It is the only way you can make a healthy lifestyle change for yourself.
  • kt2007
    kt2007 Posts: 302 Member
    Hey what if you were to go to the store and get some of them Smart one meals. They range from 200 to 300 cals and they are pretty good. They are only like 2$ or sometimes less. Great they only take 3 mins in the microwave. This dosnt help you with your dinner part but small meals threw the day it will.
This discussion has been closed.