Help with Calories

Options
OK, when I input my weight and goals etc. It tells me that I need to consume 1670 calories a day. Now, already that sounds like a ton. Then when I workout, and I am very active, it keeps giving me MORE calories to consume. So come the end of the day, I did not meet my calorie goal!

I dont understand why on earth I would want to consume that many calores. A woman should only consumes between 1200 to 1500. maybe when I plateau I can understand consuming a higher count. But, my God, I dont want to eat myself to death???

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    The amount MFP gives you depends on a bunch of factors. Go to your goals tab and on the top right you will see calories burned from normal daily activity. This is what you would have to consume each day to maintain your weight. To lose 1 lb would be 500 less and to lose 2 lbs 1000 less than that number.
  • poarche
    poarche Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    you do not have to consume all of the calories. i like to pay attention to my "net" caloric intake versus my daily goal. if i happen to feel hungrier i use those extra calories. i really let my body be the judge but stay within my caloric goal especially if i have worked out.